LS SWAP 84 60 Atlanta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So did a customer of mine. My time wasted and his money wasted and he got screwed over on the return of the first engine transmission combo they sent another package out and I refused it. That being said never again.
So is the best option just buying a complete vehicle?
Quick question and don't want to get too off topic. What are the opinions on the l8t with I believe the 6l90e? Too much for a 60 or is there never too much?

Wellsorted is in Georgia and he did some work on my 60 in Colorado. I would not mind sending my 60 out to the ls installation giys mentioned above. They have been here on mud and I've seen some excellent work.

Quick question and don't want to get too off topic. What are the opinions on the l8t with I believe the 6l90e? Too much for a 60 or is there never too much?
My opinion is to always buy one with as many modifications done to it as you desire to be done. It is typically cheaper that way. You can obviously run into poor workmanship, but I think you can also judge a book by it's cover and typically tell when a truck is hodge-podged together and corners were cut vs done well.

never too much for a 60. some times it's not enough driver :hillbilly:

My opinion is to always buy one with as many modifications done to it as you desire to be done. It is typically cheaper that way. You can obviously run into poor workmanship, but I think you can also judge a book by it's cover and typically tell when a truck is hodge-podged together and corners were cut vs done well.
I was referring to a parts car/truck.

Reactions: SAH
Doug at Wellsorted does a might fine swap. If you are looking for a shop close by to do the work he would be the one I would reach out to. GenV motors are no joke with a 8/10 speed behind them.

Putting a modern drive train into a 35+ year old truck. Is no small task but possible for many with mechanical aptitude and what many have shared here on mud.

If you have the time and inclination I’d say go for it your self.

If you want the easy button. Sell your truck and buy one that is already swapped and just enjoy it.

Doug at Wellsorted does a might fine swap. If you are looking for a shop close by to do the work he would be the one I would reach out to. GenV motors are no joke with a 8/10 speed behind them.

Putting a modern drive train into a 35+ year old truck. Is no small task but possible for many with mechanical aptitude and what many have shared here on mud.

If you have the time and inclination I’d say go for it your self.

If you want the easy button. Sell your truck and buy one that is already swapped and just enjoy it.
Well sorted is also putting 7.3 Godzilla’s into broncos which is another awesome project

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom