LS SWAP 84 60 Atlanta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KDAWG97m3

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey anyone doing clean,correct LS Swaps in Atlanta? I am looking to do a 6.2 8l90 swap. I am picking up motor and trans this week. ECM TCM etc. thanks for the help!!

FWIW, shipping atm is not crazy expensive. I'm lookin at a $800 (enclosed) $500 trailer ship cost for a 950 mile trip! I think theres a cpl MUD guys on East Coast that do swaps. Florida and N Carolina maybe?

If you aren’t going to do it yourself, pick the shop before you buy your parts. Most shops won’t use customer-supplied parts.

why do you dislike ACC? I used them when i lived in ATL. they are not the cheapest shop but the work that Dugan did was excellent.
$200/hr x 100+hr…..

They are $200 an hour. That’s over California rates… i understand now.

To be honest it’s fairly easy to do yourself. You could outsource just the welding and install of the engine mounts and trans cross member. Do everything else yourself.

Here is the engine i just put in my fj40 it’s a 5.3 L33. I did everything myself and taught myself how to weld for the project.

IMG_1161.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey anyone doing clean,correct LS Swaps in Atlanta? I am looking to do a 6.2 8l90 swap. I am picking up motor and trans this week. ECM TCM etc. thanks for the help!!
Also check Wellsorted automotive he just moved to Alpharetta. His work is superior but i am sure he’s also expensive per hour.

An engine swap on a budget DIY is 7-10k add in the labor 20-30k is in the realm.

Maybe I need to find one to buy? Who has one 🤣🤣
read through this thread and make the decision. :)

To be honest it’s fairly easy to do yourself. You could outsource just the welding and install of the engine mounts and trans cross member. Do everything else yourself.

Here is the engine i just put in my fj40 it’s a 5.3 L33. I did everything myself and taught myself how to weld for the project.

View attachment 3491971
Prices are going up across the board the grocery store is mind boggling. Lots of just regular automotive shops are hitting 150 an hour .

View attachment 3491971
Nice looking swap too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom