Lower Radiator Hose (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I better change it before it decides to change itself.

1991 FJ80 with 3FE engine.

Some pictures I'm seeing it looks like there are two hoses, with a note about engine to pipe and radiator to pipe, that was at the NAPA store today and looking online. Other places online it looks like one hose in the picture.

Looking at the vehicle it's hard to tell because there is a lot of stuff in the way I guess has to be removed.

Any guidance?

N.B. I think I'm closing in on having a daily driver, in no small part thanks to the help I've recieved on this forum.

3 radiator hoses are listed in the kit for the 3FE 80 series, so there probably are two lower hoses with a metal pipe in between.
Just a guess though, as I don't have one of these and can't remember the situation with my 3FE FJ62 hoses.

The 1fz has has two lower hoses with a pipe between, If that's a any help.

All 3 radiator hoses for the 3FE. Hose number 2 and 3 are the lower 2 joined by the hard pipe that is bolted to the bottom of the block. Hose #1 is the upper radiator hose. Don't forget the 2 bypass hoses on the top of the thermostat housing and the straight piece of bypass hose that lives downstream of the hard pipes above the starter. If one of those hoses need to be replaced, they ALL need to be replaced. Try to use OEM parts where possible, and don't rely on NAPA for the correct parts.

1705846450266.png

1705846516355.png

1705846594417.png

1705846902965.png

1705846997452.png

All 3 radiator hoses for the 3FE. Hose number 2 and 3 are the lower 2 joined by the hard pipe that is bolted to the bottom of the block. Hose #1 is the upper radiator hose. Don't forget the 2 bypass hoses on the top of the thermostat housing and the straight piece of bypass hose that lives downstream of the hard pipes above the starter. If one of those hoses need to be replaced, they ALL need to be replaced. Try to use OEM parts where possible, and don't rely on NAPA for the correct parts.
Got it and thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom