Looking for information on a new R151F from Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first post, so if I'm in the wrong area I apologize.
Basically I'm looking for information on purchasing a new R151F from Toyota, just can't find Toyota's part numbers for this trans mentioned anywhere on the web. I'm looking to mate to my 22r in my 1983 Toyota Pickup 4x4. I'm currently performing a full frame off restoration on my 83, so I'd like to weigh my options for transmission's, and I've seen a member on here say that Toyota still sells them new, so if anyone has any info that can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I don't think the R151F is available anymore. I even think the bellhousing is disco'd. I think your only bet is to try and find used. They do come up occasionally over at the Marlin Crawler Classifieds. I know when I bought my bellhousing it was not available in the USA, but my dealer was able to source one out of Japan. But then again, my dealer was CruiserDan (now retired from parts, and living the good life with the best collection of Land Cruisers on the planet).

Having said that, the part number for the R151F tranny is 33030-35520, and the bellhousing is 31111-36190. Good luck.

Update. I did check an international source for the tranny and bellhousing. Tranny, ya, good luck. Bellhousing did come up as a good part number, but zero in stock. It would have been $362.65 plus international FedEx if available (about $95.49).

Update. I did check an international source for the tranny and bellhousing. Tranny, ya, good luck. Bellhousing did come up as a good part number, but zero in stock. It would have been $362.65 plus international FedEx if available (about $95.49).
Well I figured it would be a long shot for this one, I really appreciate you taking a look for me bud, seriously. I will just have to keep my eyes open for one if one comes up for sale then, that's about the only option out there. Idk if you want to share how you looked internationally for Toyota parts but I am very curious about this, if you don't mind sharing how to be able to do this. I've been able to search the US for Toyota parts for my 83 and I've actually been able to obtain a ton of interior parts and lens and side markers and such, I would LOVE to know if I could find some parts from Toyota overseas.

Idk if you want to share how you looked internationally for Toyota parts but I am very curious about this, if you don't mind sharing how to be able to do this.

No problem. Word of warning. Some prices are stupid low, even with FedEx. Others, not so much. Best to compare domestically as well. Best to have the part number to make sure. Sending it back to the Middle East could be a problem.

No problem. Word of warning. Some prices are stupid low, even with FedEx. Others, not so much. Best to compare domestically as well. Best to have the part number to make sure. Sending it back to the Middle East could be a problem.

Well thank you very much, I appreciate it bud. I will definitely keep that in mind. Do you know the member on here that goes by ONUR? If you do is he a parts vendor? I'm new so I can't contact him, I was just curious on one of his posts.

He has retired from being a parts seller for the Toyota community. Now he travels a decent amount.

Do you know the member on here that goes by ONUR? If you do is he a parts vendor? I'm new so I can't contact him, I was just curious on one of his posts.

@Onur? You mean that Beno fella? Well, let me put it this way. Back in the day there was this fella named @cruiserdan (mentioned above). He was also known as the Toyota Parts Shaman. This fella Onur worked for him, and I guess was the Shaman's apprentice. Onur used to work out of this shabby barn in a village north of Albuquerque. He would do odd jobs like knuckle rebuilds, brakes, oil changes, etc. The rub was he would only install parts purchased from his former boss. The good part was he worked for cheap beer.

A few years ago Hades froze over and he got married. He is now living in New York … but he has threatened those of us living in the 505 with a return. Unfortunately, he has decided to not do the consulting thing. It appears he is no longer active on MUD. So, sorry bud.

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Onur? You man that @Beno fella? Well, let me put it this way. Back in the day there was this fella named @cruiserdan (mentioned above). He was also known as the Toyota Parts Shaman. This fella Onur worked for him, and I guess was the Shaman's apprentice. Onur used to work out of this shabby barn in a village north of Albuquerque. He would do odd jobs like knuckle rebuilds, brakes, oil changes, etc. The rub was he would only install parts purchased from his former boss. The good part was he worked for cheap beer.

A few years ago Hades froze over and he got married. He is now living in New York … but he has threatened those of us living in the 505 with a return. Unfortunately, is has decided to not do the consulting thing. It appears he is no longer active on MUD. So, sorry bud.

:flipoff2:

Nice summary, pretty interesting stuff there pappy! :hillbilly:

He's still on here, but has changed his name from @beno to @Onur.

He did change his username and he hung up his parts cleats. Too many tire-kickers out there.

I wondered about that. I know of Beno from when I ordered parts from both of you guys way back when, and recently saw an “Onur” in NY. I did a bit of an itrawebz double-take!

Well I appreciate all of the insight from you guys, I'm just going to have to pay close attention and not pass anything up that comes my way. Thanks everyone, seriously.

There is a guy selling a R151F bellhousing on Facebook. I PM'd the fella and he said it's still available. Let's see if the link works.

Edit: Well, that didn't work. His name is Daniel McGlynn and he posted in the 1st Generation 4Runner Classifieds. It's a closed group, which is why I suspect my link won't work. The link that MUD shortens is:

"www . facebook . com / marketplace / item / 2102005226764353 /" take out the spaces and see if you can get there directly..

Last edited:
There is a guy selling a R151F bellhousing on Facebook. I PM'd the fella and he said it's still available. Let's see if the link works.

Edit: Well, that didn't work. His name is Daniel McGlynn and he posted in the 1st Generation 4Runner Classifieds. It's a closed group, which is why I suspect my link won't work. The link that MUD shortens is:

"www . facebook . com / marketplace / item / 2102005226764353 /" take out the spaces and see if you can get there directly..

Alright, appreciate the heads up, I'm waiting to be accepted in the group, then I will look him up.
Tried going directly there but I cant. Did he say how much he was looking for it by chance?

Alright, appreciate the heads up, I'm waiting to be accepted in the group, then I will look him up.
Tried going directly there but I cant. Did he say how much he was looking for it by chance?
No price was listed. It just said contact seller.

R151F.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom