Looking for info on LC front license plate brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately, I wasn't given a choice. The dealer drilled my bumper to attach his stupid plastic promotional plate. Even more unfortunate is that my state doesn't require a front plate so I don't need a bracket and I certainly don't need the two holes in my bumper.

Unfortunately, I wasn't given a choice. The dealer drilled my bumper to attach his stupid plastic promotional plate. Even more unfortunate is that my state doesn't require a front plate so I don't need a bracket and I certainly don't need the two holes in my bumper.

Not as good as not having the holes in the first place, but will at least make it look better: Bumper Plugs

HTH

Here's a direct link - available in Magnetic Grey Metallic (1G3): BumperPlugs for Toyota

Here's a good solution if you don't want to drill bumper, fits thru the front slats. I just put one of these on a Wagon I bought, very happy with the way it looks and no holes in the bumper.

SlyBrakcets - No Drill - 1st pic in Photo Gallery just happens to be a LX

SlyBrackets Buy

SlyBrakcetsScrnShot.png

Last edited:
found it. Oh and if you're heading to the upstate your luck keeps getting better, I moved to Greenville last year.

IMG_20190821_100852.jpg

Here is the link to the one I used, he has now updated his site to reflect the 2016-17 Toyota Land Cruiser.
License Plate Adapter Kit for Land Cruiser
Anyone know if this guy is out of business? I like the look of this one but his website won't connect and he's out of stock on Amazon. Any other good looking brackets to hold a front plate? I want 4 screws in the plate so the car wash doesn't mangle the front plate.

Anyone know if this guy is out of business? I like the look of this one but his website won't connect and he's out of stock on Amazon. Any other good looking brackets to hold a front plate? I want 4 screws in the plate so the car wash doesn't mangle the front plate.
What about the Cruiser Accessories 79150? It's similar style, just need a couple M6 bolts and it goes right into the factory holes; I can grab a pic of it mounted here in a bit

Cruiser Accessories 79150

Edit: I had some leftover adhesive foam tape/speaker gasket and put a little box on the backside so that the frame didn't rub up directly on the paint

tEwIsUgh.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering what options are available now that the Adapter Foundry one is out of stock.
9F15C27A-3378-4EE9-B0FF-C6BC1D8738C7.jpeg

The Cruiser Accessories above looks like a good option BUT I need one that sits lower to cover up some Mark’s left by the previous owners plate
E8AE3E60-559E-4F16-B946-BF48159CC833.jpeg

Last edited:
Wondering what options are available now that the Adapter Foundry one is out of stock.View attachment 2759674

The Cruiser Accessories above looks like a good option BUT I need one that sits lower to cover up some Mark’s left by the previous owners plateView attachment 2759685
I was in the exact quandary as you a month ago and ended up using the Cruiser Accessories mount but had to attach the frame, plate, AND mount at the same time into previously drilled holes. I have the same rub on the bumper and couldn’t cover it otherwise.

It’s getting the job done for now.

I also added some adhesive rubbers pads to the back to try and mitigate further damage to the bumper.
B96B6AD8-5C6F-4EC8-BCCA-DD19A7B49D2B.jpeg

*Apologies for the bug bits in the photo, I’ll have to get a new photo after I tidy it up.

Thanks @ThirdShore
Were you able to line up your plate adaptor with the thread inserts that came with the bumper in addition to the dealer drilled holes?

I went out and ordered this one from Amazon in the meanwhile.

View attachment 2759951
No, in order for me to cover where the bumper rub was I have it all attached with 2 screws through the Cruiser Accessories mount into the non-native screw holes. I couldn’t get it to neatly line up otherwise.

I also tried with another Cruiser Accesories mount (clear one) that had more attachment hole options and still couldn’t get it to line up well with the native thread inserts AND cover the bumper damage. I looked at that mount above too, but wanted full plate backing on the mount so just went with the other one in the interim.

Same here and was pissed. Replied to their post sale emails about my experience and I unloaded on them for sheer ignorance of drilling holes in the bumper cover. How stupid are they? I guess they are that stupid.

It's on there.

I first elongated the slots but the bottom of the plate sat too high to cover my mar on the bumper.
320FFFB1-99B3-4D70-9212-9FFBB03B26E6.jpeg

I drilled holes higher up essentially making an "L" shape out of the slot. It still sits a bit higher than I'd like though.

I'll grab a pic of the latest setup later on.

I'll most likely go to the cruiser option full size plate holder mentioned above
A5435FE2-FEBC-4D4F-B651-C5CF7B7A4FA7.jpeg

Installed the Cruiser Accessories full size plate.

I ended up elongating out the top lateral slots and cutting off 4 threads from the supplied screws as they were a bit too long.

It was pretty solidly mounted using just the two captive nuts in the bumper cover but I added some 3M tape to make it completely attached.

I also added another strip of tape on the bottom edge that's not pictured.
Although, you can see a bit of the exposed tape in the mounted photo.
684327FB-C08D-4A4A-84D7-05B8B572EF53.jpeg
D58A2C02-B65C-4F7F-8FF3-F23BBF5AE0F3.jpeg

The mini bracket I previously posted about is free to anyone who wants it. Just pay for the mail.

What size screws are used for the front plate holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom