New LC Owner - Looking for Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I just purchased a one-owner 2011 LC. 92,000 miles. We have had a Honda Accord ('08) that has been extremely reliable for us (we just moved out of DC). We're about to have our second child, so this popped up and was a good deal, and gives us needed space.

Bought from a dealership. The car was well-maintained (regular maintenance, clean history, no accidents). Drove it 700 miles on Saturday back to my house. No issues whatsoever. I felt like I could have just kept driving it, it was so smooth. Reaching out because this seems like a great place for advice / counsel.

Any recommendations for making sure I don't screw things up with this? Anything I should do immediately to check / inspect? Oil change and maintenance was done recently. New brake pads were added around 5,000 miles ago. Brakes are not super sensitve (I feel like I need to push is almost to floor to full stop - maybe that's just how it goes).

Thanks!

LC2011

Welcome! The LC is a great rig!

Check out the stickied threads at the top of the 200 series forum. It’ll give you an idea on scheduled maintenance, problems, how-to’s, etc.

Welcome! The LC is a great rig!

Check out the stickied threads at the top of the 200 series forum. It’ll give you an idea on scheduled maintenance, problems, how-to’s, etc.
Thanks! We are excited about the car. I'll check out those threads - thanks for point them out.

Re brakes... it is a truck not a car, and comming from an Accord they feel poor. Even after years of driving mine still doesn't feel great. The brakes are adequate for it but they are undersized for heavy use. There is a fix. Check out the thread about DIY Tundra brakes that describes the transplant of Tundra or LC 16 front calipers to your truck.
Enjoy you LC!

Re brakes... it is a truck not a car, and comming from an Accord they feel poor. Even after years of driving mine still doesn't feel great. The brakes are adequate for it but they are undersized for heavy use. There is a fix. Check out the thread about DIY Tundra brakes that describes the transplant of Tundra or LC 16 front calipers to your truck.
Enjoy you LC!
Helpful re: car vs truck. And thanks! We're enjoying it a lot already.

Enjoy you LC!
Id argue they are more than strong enough for the truck. Have the radar cruise-driven braking kick in sometime and you will realize that it is the brake pedal, not the brakes themselves, that make it feel weak.

Come over to the CLCC sub forum so we can make fun of your Highlander.

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom