Looking for Best Travel Tool Set

Moore80

SILVER Star
Looking for any ideas on a solid, and simple metric set that includes only the most common Toyota metric sizes (10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm, 15 mm, 17 mm, 19 mm). Preferably with ratchets, sockets and wrenches, and maybe a couple of plier options. Anybody found anything good?

For my cheapo, haul around in the pickup bed, tool set: Harbor Freight. Got one for $29 on sale, and it has enough 'stuff' in there to do minor fix its. Not top of the line in any sense of the word. But adequate for rarely used tools.

For my Harley Davidson, I started documenting all the size tools I used when doing regular maintenance. Then went to Sears and picked up duplicates (or small sets if on sale). They all fit in a small plastic tool box, which rests in the bottom of one saddlebag.

IMHO, any vehicle tool assortment, should include a length of fuel line, hose clamps, electrical tape, duct tape, and an assortment of wire ties. Just all depends on how far from civilization you plan on venturing. But it sucks being broke down on the side of a road/trail, when a screwdriver and pair of vise-grips could get you back.

Just make one with sizes you know you will need. Get a cheap tool bag at Harbor Freight. Make it custom with sizes for the LC's it will be better than anything you could buy off the shelf. I have extra hoses, points, clamps ,belts in one bag and tools for my 40 in another. Does not take up much space and adds loads of peace of mind.

Elbert

SILVER Star

williams has a metric tool set that I like. I've decided to use some "kits" like this (for the truck) as it makes it easy to keep up with stuff.Williams 50622A | 89 Piece Master Socket Wrench and Screwdriver Set. Overall depends on what you want to spend. I like these type of kits since its always a pain trying to find whatever socket down in some tool bag or whatever. Depends on your budget as to what might suit you.

Spike Strip

Game-Over
SILVER Star

If you want to get an inexpensive quality set, look at the Tekton Ratchet set and Open-end box set. Taiwan, and priced accordingly, but I use it side by side with my snap on and there's virtually no difference for a DIYer.

The Williams mentioned above is an excellent set, but now made in Taiwan and at $250 may not be your best value.

Corbet

Supporting Vendor

Isn’t the Williams kit essentially the exact same as the Blue Point stuff? Just marketed differently by Snap-On.

Top Bottom