Look what I found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled the plug when I saw her yesterday. This 78 FJ40 has it's original paint, with light surface rust. Frame and underneath are amazing, and it's super solid, no slop because the top has never been off. The screw heads are free of any tool marks. It has the tool kit, jack, and glovebox light that works!

The only things changed were the addition of an aux. fuel tank, fender flares, and a new headliner. Plans?... Just to driver her!

http://www.fototime.com/users/rolandfj40@comcast.net/My Pictures

SWEET FIND !!! Where did you come across that, Someone's barn beauty ?:clap::flipoff2: WELCOME Brother

Very nice Roland....tell us more!!!

New 40

Roland congrats on the new cruiser- it's a keeper! Might be the nicest unmolested truck I have ever seen. Best of luck with it! Gary S

It was a pleasure looking at the pics... Welcome and congrats!!

Excellent Find! Glad to see some great originals still alive and kicking.

Thanks everyone for the good words. As far as what I paid, a little over 10k. Believe it or not, I found it in NJ, 1 1/2 hours from my house.

Someone posted a search tool on here and the very first time I used it there it was! Here's the link:States.

I'm the 5th owner and most of it's life it was in California. Then up to Connecticut, then to Jersey. It wont be leaving anytime soon!

Crikey, that's a good looking rig...can't believe it came from the East Coast! Mucho congrats on a great find!

P.S. I "accidentally" found my rig using that same Craigslist search utility..wasn't in the market for a 40 until I stumbled on one 3hrs from home. :cheers:

Count me in on liking the retro pinstriping. Try and see if you can get the door rubbed out and touched up rather than a full respray.

And do something about those rear shackles!

:cheers:

Welcome and Congratulations! Very clean looking... post up some engine pics as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom