Logan's Run 2017 - Sept 14-17 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the font on the top left. Makes me think of 70's car chase movies.

Last edited:
IMG_7110.JPG
Damn close.

Sorry folks. Here is the logo with more gooder spellin.

final_front.jpg

Looks like 2017 is the year for David Miller's truck. Two T-Shirts in a row!
Why do you think this is David Miler's truck?

Why do you think this is David Miler's truck?

I don't know...because it just is. I see that an effort has been made to remove the winch (cable from nowhere), badging and decals. David always hooks his winch cable to the hook on the PS frame rail and not to the D rings on the bumper. His bumper is a custom one-off deal. Also, the tall, skinny BFG's are a dead giveaway. I guess I could be mistaken but I know my 40's and if it's not David Miller's truck I'll eat my hat. I mean, it's okay and all. I love Miller's truck. I'm a fan. @FJinTegaCay

miller shirt.jpg

Hurricane Creek 2014 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm obviously color blind and have a bad memory.. I've spent too much time with my boss lately. I guess I was thinking about the "why walk when your can crawl" shirt..

That's where that typeface came from, or at least what it was inspired by.

Edit: More about it HERE
Very cool. Personally I think Logans 80 is the only truck that should be on the tshirts, but that's probably just me.

Very cool. Personally I think Logans 80 is the only truck that should be on the tshirts, but that's probably just me.
It's not just you. And it's no disrepect to Dave's 40 or Jonathan's 80 from last year. Both of them have fantastic Cruisers. Every year up untill last year had Logan's 80 on the shirts and it's not like the truck is not available for new pics to be taken. For an event to be held in his honor, it deserves to be on more than the sticker and namesake IMHO. I love this design of the shirt. I have a ton of respect for those that have the skills and ability to do design work. I was not blessed with that ability. Personally, I think it would have made a killer Relic Run 2018 shirt.

So with that said I'd like to offer a suggestion how about how to make everyone happy. How about we come up with a design and use it on the sleeve. That way we can still have him on the shirt. I'm not sure when it was decided to use his truck on anniversary years but we could still do that as well. Maybe use a logo like this...small, simple yet means a lot.

Sorry Al, but I swiped your picture since I wasn't home to grab one of mine.

logan.jpg

Last edited:
Regardless of what we decide moving forward, let's get the facts straight.

Every year up untill last year had Logan's 80 on the shirts ...

This statement is false. Seems like a lot of people have selective memory. Let's recap every design since the event's inception in 2011.

2017 is David's 40.

2016 was Jonathan's 80:

yellow_gray.jpg

2015 was Logan's truck:

lr2105_map_back-jpg.1132205

2014 was Moonshine:

VhJbbfOOdnT9fLoFGsfrruQQ0Z4kjJGiiKczERvA51BoGyUaGy2wdzLucbC7ZFIbrShbSeOZij31v0y1J_ulI7FsFAzXoqmokOfzY9TfP52mltdcFV3MXTyUYQAnypuOYsNhsdOkqDqIO6WhX6NPmbkfHbWW82cXJOIGnU66f_DmRCWq-mKgqB1LHonsL55FWYinLGdkl4SxTV-FydXSGaUxaQnTluhJ1XCybGilciPqcf98Q7Ha2oAy_5owr1I3JJUUZrFoiSx7NjGMTfTBnoBFcx9iMArUu7D9KifgdzoyRlZLmofphiGAINkbGh1z3LPfsGkbz9-CQWvUUEyESzLXIjn4lS2mMpPZjjCGSCP3s7wm17tPeLwe3VDk8g_nOq6ArZBCp_m3IAU2F_65t0kGjSU_-3z44yvo8gg65eboRwPS5waAzaP6tyHoq7l4kveNei28hc8BE862YZ_QCeyxBDQZoItGiN6fcoolqOlE-SevF0t1IhTBRPKKTevcuqC_dUgBV0hZf8L2P1UQK2acI-BymMExn-Mutng28Ru6RLsU-9fOxbfiqMycHKVIuLDIqx9SRaDgSpepGtSQf26TABBm41Kl8GZHo6dGsjF1CkNUMMuzpIiyfe-2JOpTWn_Rp4IqA815jasd1FiJ5PSrDsg0LL7zl_RxYixnbmDzHV0=w2688-h1520-no

2013 was Al and Logan's rigs:

logo-2013-jpg.795077

2012 was Brian's 55:

full-color-jpg.668852

Can't find a picture for 2011, but it was Logan's truck, the black shirt with the large solid screen on the back. "John boy and billy show" shirt.

Thus, by chance, we've had Logan's truck on the shirt every other year, with 2017 being the exception. This has never been even brought up in the past, but also, this is the first time we've had two years in a row with someone else's truck on the shirt.

IMHO, it doesn't matter what truck we have on the shirt, other than the anniversaries. The event is named after Logan and we let Kenny and Lydia decide where the proceeds are donated, in Logan's name. That is what a dedication is to me.

As I've told to a few people who reached out to share input via PM, our "unofficial" process is to definitely have Logan's truck on the shirt for the big anniversaries, (5th, 10th, 15th, etc.) then mixed inbetween. It's up to the t-shirt designer and what ideas he has this year. If we want to decide to have Logan's truck on the shirt every single year moving forward, that's fine, but that's not what we've done in the past.

To put this to bed:

Just like Relic Run, I'll send out a survey to everyone who attended Logan's Run. In that survey, I'll have a question that asks what truck you want to see on the shirt. There will be three options:

1. Logan's Truck every year
2. Logan's Truck every other year
3. Logan's Truck every anniversary (5, 10, 15, etc.) then the designer's choice inbetween

The result of the survey question will dictate what's on the shirt next year (2018) and for years afterwards.

Now, let's please move this back to discussing the event and how awesome it will be :D

Regardless of what we decide moving forward, let's get the facts straight.

This statement is false. Seems like a lot of people have selective memory. Let's recap every design since the event's inception in 2011.

2017 is David's 40.

2016 was Jonathan's 80:

yellow_gray.jpg

2015 was Logan's truck:

lr2105_map_back-jpg.1132205

2014 was Moonshine:

VhJbbfOOdnT9fLoFGsfrruQQ0Z4kjJGiiKczERvA51BoGyUaGy2wdzLucbC7ZFIbrShbSeOZij31v0y1J_ulI7FsFAzXoqmokOfzY9TfP52mltdcFV3MXTyUYQAnypuOYsNhsdOkqDqIO6WhX6NPmbkfHbWW82cXJOIGnU66f_DmRCWq-mKgqB1LHonsL55FWYinLGdkl4SxTV-FydXSGaUxaQnTluhJ1XCybGilciPqcf98Q7Ha2oAy_5owr1I3JJUUZrFoiSx7NjGMTfTBnoBFcx9iMArUu7D9KifgdzoyRlZLmofphiGAINkbGh1z3LPfsGkbz9-CQWvUUEyESzLXIjn4lS2mMpPZjjCGSCP3s7wm17tPeLwe3VDk8g_nOq6ArZBCp_m3IAU2F_65t0kGjSU_-3z44yvo8gg65eboRwPS5waAzaP6tyHoq7l4kveNei28hc8BE862YZ_QCeyxBDQZoItGiN6fcoolqOlE-SevF0t1IhTBRPKKTevcuqC_dUgBV0hZf8L2P1UQK2acI-BymMExn-Mutng28Ru6RLsU-9fOxbfiqMycHKVIuLDIqx9SRaDgSpepGtSQf26TABBm41Kl8GZHo6dGsjF1CkNUMMuzpIiyfe-2JOpTWn_Rp4IqA815jasd1FiJ5PSrDsg0LL7zl_RxYixnbmDzHV0=w2688-h1520-no

2013 was Al and Logan's rigs:

logo-2013-jpg.795077

2012 was Brian's 55:

full-color-jpg.668852

Can't find a picture for 2011, but it was Logan's truck, the black shirt with the large solid screen on the back. "John boy and billy show" shirt.

Thus, by chance, we've had Logan's truck on the shirt every other year, with 2017 being the exception. This has never been even brought up in the past, but also, this is the first time we've had two years in a row with someone else's truck on the shirt.

IMHO, it doesn't matter what truck we have on the shirt, other than the anniversaries. The event is named after Logan and we let Kenny and Lydia decide where the proceeds are donated, in Logan's name. That is what a dedication is to me.

As I've told to a few people who reached out to share input via PM, our "unofficial" process is to definitely have Logan's truck on the shirt for the big anniversaries, (5th, 10th, 15th, etc.) then mixed inbetween. It's up to the t-shirt designer and what ideas he has this year. If we want to decide to have Logan's truck on the shirt every single year moving forward, that's fine, but that's not what we've done in the past.

To put this to bed:

Just like Relic Run, I'll send out a survey to everyone who attended Logan's Run. In that survey, I'll have a question that asks what truck you want to see on the shirt. There will be three options:

1. Logan's Truck every year
2. Logan's Truck every other year
3. Logan's Truck every anniversary (5, 10, 15, etc.) then the designer's choice inbetween

The result of the survey question will dictate what's on the shirt next year (2018) and for years afterwards.

Now, let's please move this back to discussing the event and how awesome it will be :D
To be clear my memory is most certainly not selective....It's just fading....fast. :flipoff2: I'm gonna be screwed by the time I hit 60 that for sure. Thanks for clearing that up and not sure why I completely whiffed on my assessment. My apologies to all.

With that said, I do agree an official stance on this would be awesome and the survey is a great idea. Thank you.

Let me 1-bazillion percent agree with you that this is shaping up to be another awesome event and I can't wait to see everyone.

Last edited:
Registered!! Also, paid to be an official member of Old North State Cruisers!! Excited to be a part of such an awesome group and will be a positive representative of ONC here in Southern VA!

2017 is David's 40.

Aha! Confirmation! Looks like I won't have to eat my hat after all. I've been sweating that for two days now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom