Locking hitch pin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations in regards to which one works best with these trucks? I’m tired of fighting with mine and the shank sleeve always gets stuck when I try to remove it frustrating me further lol. I’d use a Bolt brand hitch lock that keys itself to the vehicles key if they made one for the 200, I love them on my trucks.

Any recommendations in regards to which one works best with these trucks? I’m tired of fighting with mine and the shank sleeve always gets stuck when I try to remove it frustrating me further lol. I’d use a Bolt brand hitch lock that keys itself to the vehicles key if they made one for the 200, I love them on my trucks.

Yep, very nice, neighbor introduced me to bolt and i had to go with this:

CURT 23518 Black Trailer Hitch Lock, 5/8-Inch Pin Diameter, Fits 2-Inch Receiver https://a.co/d/ak6UcLy
1670255307596.png

Fits nicely in the recess, and i can get my hands around it.

Last edited:
I've used BulletProof Hitch 5/8" Locking Pin without issues for as long as I've had the truck. Tight fit, but no triming of plastic necessary. Solid construction, good lock. Hit it with some lithium grease every 6 months or so, no issues.

I've been using the Masterlock one on all of my vehicles previously. I haven't purchased my LX yet but I would think it would work well in the 200 series applications as well:
Amazon product ASIN B001AVSIOI

These work great in a lot of applications but wont fit a 200 without modification. The pin is too close to the plastic cover as @tbisaacs mentions. You can either remove the rubber bumper on the lock portion or cut out the plastic.. I removed the bumper.

These work great in a lot of applications but wont fit a 200 without modification. The pin is too close to the plastic cover as @tbisaacs mentions. You can either remove the rubber bumper on the lock portion or cut out the plastic.. I removed the bumper.

There must be some minor differences between vehicles - even among 2013 LC200's, apparently - as I have been using this receiver lock for years with no problems and no modifications to either the lock or my 2013 LC200:

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

HTH

Well damn, the Curt recommended is the exact one I’ve been using. I guess I need to trim the plastic or lose the rubber cap! That Master Lock model might be worth a try though.

Well damn, the Curt recommended is the exact one I’ve been using. I guess I need to trim the plastic or lose the rubber cap! That Master Lock model might be worth a try though.

Load up your hitch by leaning on it and the ball end lock will disengage without spinning on you, If thats what you were talking about.

Not sure on the designs out there but my rear hitch bay doesnt have much more room for anything but that curt cylinder style lock.

Had to go into the garage at some point today...

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 11.13.24 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 11.13.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 11.13.37 AM.png

Side note, if the vehicle doesnt have arabic and russian warnings, im not buyin, LOL

Interesting i never noticed its french back there...

There must be some minor differences between vehicles - even among 2013 LC200's, apparently - as I have been using this receiver lock for years with no problems and no modifications to either the lock or my 2013 LC200:

View attachment 3185714

View attachment 3185715

View attachment 3185716

HTH
Possibly, but also in the equation is I'm getting old and forgetting things, especially when I haven't used them in a year.

Just got the pin out to have a look. I think it could be jammed in there for my hitch area, but I didn't like the interference, so I cut the rubber off the back side of the lock cylinder and removed the aluminum knob. I could also just cut out the plastic, but then I'd lose my french and arabic caution instructions.

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8387.JPG

I use the following part for more general applications, unless I'm trying to keep a trailer from getting stolen or something. Works especially well with the new soft-shackle hitch adapter I got from brennan's garage. Not strictly on-topic for the thread though.

61hICx8ujAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

signal-2022-03-08-081545_005_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

Last edited:
Soon, I will treat rust in the shaft, drop spare, rusteoleum rattle can from behind, with the cover on, then cut out the receiver hole as clean as i can by the overspray.
Ill try not to slop it up.

I have the same Gen-Y Glyder hitch. I loOoOove that thing. It's built like a freaking tank, too.

The best. Im going to add a third pin bore and it will be damn near flush.

The best. Im going to add a third pin bore and it will be damn near flush.
Let me know how that goes. That's some thick s*** you'll be drilling through. Depending on your results, I may just try it, too.

Let me know how that goes. That's some thick s*** you'll be drilling through. Depending on your results, I may just try it, too.

Its getting the holes exact thats kicking my ass right now.
Ive center punched, and still remeasuring to be completely parallel to the shaft so my pin works....
I still have room to adjust, but i wanna be as exact as possible.
BTW i know we have the length to seat it without hitting the spare or anything on the other end.
It will look great when done, ill post in build thread, where i just spend money and time on hidden things. LOL

After that, my neighbors drill press with make light work of it. I dont have a vice or anything heavy duty enough to hold that sucker at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom