LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do we have a Club garage?

Someone mentioned a while back that one of the guys was building a garage.

Did I understood right?

No we do not have a Club garage. We have talked about it but it is not financially feasible.

No we do not have a Club garage. We have talked about it but it is not financially feasible.
Thanks for the clarification

I finished up installing the Ironman shocks and springs on my LX yesterday. Can someone help me with replacing the Torsion bars? They are super heavy, and I don't have an impact wrench that can get those 30mm bolts off. Also, Lying on my back on a slanted driveway is not helping either :(

i-XC92fnx-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't use an impact on the torsion bar adjusters. Hand tools only. You have to have the weight of the front end off of the ground before you try and tighten or loosen them.
Thanks for the tip Ryan.

Don't use an impact on the torsion bar adjusters. Hand tools only. You have to have the weight of the front end off of the ground before you try and tighten or loosen them.
what's the reason for no impact on the torsion bar adjusters? one of mine are really hard to turn. wonder if that's what happened.

From experience at work... We don't use impact because it creates too much friction and heats up the bolt.

But I might be wrong about this particular situation.

Anyone have a good shop near Alexandria/ DC that can take a look at the AHC in my LX470? I want to have pressures tested, I don’t have tech stream so can’t do it.

thanks all!

Anyone have a good shop near Alexandria/ DC that can take a look at the AHC in my LX470? I want to have pressures tested, I don’t have tech stream so can’t do it.

thanks all!
Where do you live?

I have TS.

@Misfit Aye Pretty sure they used to be Viking Offroad that used to advertise on there- I say this because their pictures are the same.
They patched my rear crossmembers, I’m fine with the work they did but it’s not going to be top end work- they boxed the affected areas instead of blending the new metal in with the old.
They also installed via welding my tow hitch, which I’ve used without any issues. Welds seem to be strong
I had them also wirewheel and rust oleum spray my frame.

View attachment 2760213
Same exact spot Viking is repairing on mine today. I’ll post an after pic soon.

93C56E2B-7DE7-4ECE-950E-98E44FE585E6.jpeg

Any recommendations for a transmission shop in the greater DC area? My '88 FJ62's auto is starting to slip between 2 and 3 and also in reverse. Ive heard some stories that the rebuilds have not gone well, but a used transmission seems like a risk too. Gotta start somewhere...

County Transmission. They're not the cheapest but they're experts on transmissions and include a great warranty on their work

Does anyone have a recommendation for hardwood installers in Nova/Alexandria?

Considering traditional or engineered.

Any recommendations for a transmission shop in the greater DC area? My '88 FJ62's auto is starting to slip between 2 and 3 and also in reverse. Ive heard some stories that the rebuilds have not gone well, but a used transmission seems like a risk too. Gotta start somewhere...
Another vote for County Transmission in Vienna as they took care of me last year. Mine was pretty tricky in figuring out the issues and parts, but Hampton wouldn’t stop until he got it going. Definitely give them a call.

Any recommendations for regular servicing for a 200 series within or close to the DC area? I'm located in NW DC down near Howard University. Was thinking about getting it serviced at one of the Toyota dealerships here, but I'm not reading good reviews. Originally it was always serviced down at the Toyota dealership in Montgomery, AL, but now that it's up here I'd think I would have options other than a dealership? Also, looking forward to meeting more land cruiser heads here in the DMV area. Photo after coming down from the Moki Dugway this past August.
304B7293-D8BD-480C-A82D-25BFF567ADAE.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom