LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you recommending we can the spray ourselves? How much does the material cost? $450 for a good job is not a lot, it's a bit far from me, and not sure I need THAT much spray, I have only a few spots. Do we have to scrub/sand the rust before we spray?

Anyone look at my pictures of rust and is it worth me doing ANYTHING at this time with that little rust?

It’s not made to cover the rust it’s made to protect the under carnage from the winter salt. You coat the entire undercarriage to protect it.

Are you recommending we can the spray ourselves? How much does the material cost? $450 for a good job is not a lot, it's a bit far from me, and not sure I need THAT much spray, I have only a few spots. Do we have to scrub/sand the rust before we spray?

Anyone look at my pictures of rust and is it worth me doing ANYTHING at this time with that little rust?
No need to scrub/sand--fluid film will coat, penetrate, and pretty much stop corrosion if applied regularly (at least yearly). As @Jakes40 said, you coat the entire undercarriage--I've been doing this for a few years, and it seems to help a lot.
Sick of the compressor racket, I got an electric spray gun this year--worked well and cost about $40 IIRC. That, a gallon of fluid film, a couple of aerosol cans and an extension wand (for getting inside the frame rails) will set you back probably about $100, and most of it you can reuse the next year (your gallon will probably do two coatings depending on how nuts you go with it). I just do it in my driveway.
Does it make subsequent maintenance a bit more messy--it can. Would I rather deal with a little goo than rusted hardware? Yes. Yes.

The Rover guys use Waxoil... I never liked that mess TBH

The Rover guys use Waxoil... I never liked that mess TBH

Fortunately we're not required by a code of ethics to use only British products, so we can pass and just make our vehicles smell like damp sheep. (Burning damp sheep when there's fresh fluid film on the exhaust. . . )

The Woolwax is way less offensive smelling. Still a good idea to wear a Tyvek suit when applying.

Does anyone have a reputable paint shop in the DMV area they can recommend? Looking to have some bumpers color matched to my truck

Does anyone have a reputable paint shop in the DMV area they can recommend? Looking to have some bumpers color matched to my truck
Our silver Tacoma tin foil bumper was color matched/powder coated at American Stripping in Manassas.
You get to pic the color from their variety of samples.
{The truck will be at the Wed. mtg. }

Our silver Tacoma tin foil bumper was color matched/powder coated at American Stripping in Manassas.
You get to pic the color from their variety of samples.
{The truck will be at the Wed. mtg. }

ASCO does good work, if you're going the PC route.

Indeed and I've reached out.

1643874117165.jpeg
EDC8D7D5-0AF3-4C3B-8C21-5D45C3CA704C.jpeg
F4EDFCE4-D418-4542-B62F-F267F469C65E (1).jpeg

7C395EAE-B1BD-4987-A5D1-3598552D1F9A.jpeg

@ace10 , @iptman and others - Thank you for the recommendation of Mike at Windshield City. Just had the windshield in my 100 replaced. Mike clearly knows his craft and has built a special rivet end to handle the windshields on these cruisers.

Another s/o for Mike at Windshield City in Chantilly. Took my truck down and upon looking at it for about a minute he knew it would be rusted out. Pulled some stripping off and sure enough the wrong rivets were in place and all rusted. Grinded it away and coated before putting in the new glass. Did a fantastic job and very friendly.

Another s/o for Mike at Windshield City in Chantilly. Took my truck down and upon looking at it for about a minute he knew it would be rusted out. Pulled some stripping off and sure enough the wrong rivets were in place and all rusted. Grinded it away and coated before putting in the new glass. Did a fantastic job and very friendly.
Sort of hoping my windshield will take a decent rock hit before we leave the area this summer so I can bring it in to Mike . . .

Better get your Asahi glass now before Toyota nixes it. The only option left for 80 series owners is Chinese glass now. I'm so glad I got mine done for they went NLA.

Does anybody have Techstream and is willing/able to program one of those Lexus key cards for me? The dealership said they absolutely will not program a key for me since I didn’t purchase it from them. I work in Springfield but live close to Annapolis. I have a 2021 LC200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom