LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you still need this, I’ll grab it, and can bring it down to Bart’s place in Annapolis in the next few weeks.

That's what I call a Christmas miracle! Mighty fine of you Greg. I'll PM you if I can get it ordered and in.

@iptman Did you get this done yet? The LX I have here now made it through both of the hurricanes in CLT last fall without a problem but gave up the ghost in the rains we've had here in GVL lately. As it's the wife's truck, I should probably fix it before I give it back to her (she's not a fan of the silver HVAC tape I use to seal the leaks on my green 80!). I'm thinking about the guy that @ace10 suggested unless you have a better idea or reason not to.

Happy New Year Gentlemen, it's been too long. I hope this is in the right place for this post. I would like to replace the (broken) antenna with a flexible mast. I heard someone mention that during one of our meetings a while back. What are the recommended options for those that have done this?

Thank you,
Eduardo

Hi Eduardo, long time no talk!

Here's the thread on the Tacoma antenna mod.

What is the Tacoma mod for the antenna?

We're having a tech day out at Ryan's on the 26th. Bring your 80 out. Did you ever get your brakes fixed? That's something we could help you tackle as well.

Thank you, Patrick! I saw about the tech day. Unfortunately, I will be out of town then; otherwise, I would have loved to be there.

I ended up needing a new master cylinder and had that replaced over the summer.

Baltimore Foundry is out of business as of Sunday (Home - The Foundery). Does anyone have a recommendation for a location (within 2-3 hours) where I can rent some time on a CNC machine? The bed has to be at least 8ft+.

Anyone have a good place in/near Springfield for tires that won't give me trouble for putting larger than stock tires on? I'm looking at moving up to 35s next weekend. I don't want to drive all the way to 4WP in Glen Burnie.

Anyone have any experience with garage door installation lately? My wife jumped the gun on exiting the garage and the roof of her Sienna clipped door. I'd consider doing it myself but the door has one of those big torsion springs on it so not sure I want to mess with it.

IMG_20190203_114702120.jpg

Are you planning to replace the panel or repair it? I recently replaced my garage doors but they are the traditional coil spring type, not torsion.

Lylia did the same thing years ago with her '85 Toyota mini van. I was able to remove, repair, and replace the panel and it worked fine.

I’ve never worked on a garage door but replacing the panel should not be that hard. You will not have to deal with the torsion bars replacing the panel.

Use C clamps in the tracks to keep the door from going up while you remove and repair the panel.

The spring is a long, maybe 6 foot coil, horizontal at the top of the door. I think they call it a torsion spring but might be wrong. I recently had it replaced after it broke and when it snapped it sounded like a gun shot in the garage. I figure anything that sounds like that I probably don't want to mess with. I'd like to replace just the panel but it's solid wood. I assume they don't make them like that anymore. Theres a logo on one of the panels for Overhead Door Company so I might just give them a call and see what they can do for me.

I had Overhead Door give me a quote (went with HD) and the Rep said that they do sell individual panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom