Line-X'd LC owners question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting Line-X on at least the sides of the LC just makes absolute sense to me. I'm just wondering how it looks over time, and how does it clean up after a muddy day? Does it clean up back to new looking? What do you guys use to clean it? A pressure washer? I've never owned anything with Line-X on it.

How mucb were you quoted to get just the sides line-x'd? I had it as a bedliner in my old truck and it delt with spilled oil and diesel like a pro. Didnt have fading issues and a good scrubbing seemed to clean it fine.

I don't have Line-X, but my rig is bed lined from top to bottom using Raptor and Al's

I clean it the same way the guys at the local Line-X dealer suggest when cleaning their own product.

Spray it with Simple Green, scrub with brush if necessary (only needed if mud has been baking in the sun), pressure wash off and air dry.

To keep it shiny, I spray about half a bottle of Just Once every few months (sold at all Line-X dealers)

I don't have Line-X, but my rig is bed lined from top to bottom using Raptor and Al's

I clean it the same way the guys at the local Line-X dealer suggest when cleaning their own product.

Spray it with Simple Green, scrub with brush if necessary (only needed if mud has been baking in the sun), pressure wash off and air dry.

To keep it shiny, I spray about half a bottle of Just Once every few months (sold at all Line-X dealers)
Thanks, Snake. Good info. Yeah I was concerned that perhaps because of the texture mud might be difficult to remove and turn the black Line-X to a dull brown after while.

^^X2 on what price you were quoted, if at all?

BTW Nice Avatar
I haven't gotten a quote yet, but I'd like to do the sides up just over the door handles, the tailgate at that same line, and the front below the grill. I thought I saw on here a price of $1300, but don't know if that includes any UV protection.

Monstaliner...
Great product, I used it on my 85 XtraCab.

Line x is crazy overpriced, do it yourself, so many options
I appreciate the DIY opinions, I'm just wondering how it all cleans up and how it wears over time. How do you care for any of these products so that in 5 years it still looks good?

Mine isn't 5 years old but probably 2 years old in the Texas sun and it looks just like the first day I had it done. Love the line-x looks much more professional and a better finish than any on the diy monsterliner I have seen.

Monstalined mine & looks great. Guess I'm a bit biased. 2 other guys in the local cruiser club followed suit though...

Less than $500 & a weekend is all it takes. 1 day for prep work, 1 day for application & 1 day to drink a cold beer & admire your work.

image.jpg

To clean it I just pressure wash it.

Mine isn't 5 years old but probably 2 years old in the Texas sun and it looks just like the first day I had it done. Love the line-x looks much more professional and a better finish than any on the diy monsterliner I have seen.
I agree 100% about the professional appearance. That is exactly why I'm considering it even knowing it is the more expensive option. I'd like to do the same scheme as your rig, but in black.

Monstalined mine & looks great. Guess I'm a bit biased. 2 other guys in the local cruiser club followed suit though...

Less than $500 & a weekend is all it takes. 1 day for prep work, 1 day for application & 1 day to drink a cold beer & admire your work.
Great looking rig! I like the color choice and that you kept the fender flares. Looks awesome, man!

Line-x is definitely much cleaner looking and if your willing to pay then more power to you. Im a poor boy so monstaliner and 3m vinyl wrap is in my future. $150 for hood and roof vinyl and then around another $180 for the monstaliner

I've never seen it in person but judging from the pics the monstaliner looks way too chunky/textured for my taste.

Really apprehensive about the black fading to brown or grey over time too.

I've never seen it in person but judging from the pics the monstaliner looks way too chunky/textured for my taste.

Really apprehensive about the black fading to brown or grey over time too.
MONSTALINER is less chunky and smoother than line x and is also UV stable. You can also spray it on. You could also bring monstaliner to a paint shop that does undercoating and have it done "professionally''. There are a lot of DIY rigs on here that look professional IMO. Its all in the prep. Both Line X and Monstaliner are top notch products though. I prefer Monstaliner for the body of a vehicle because it is smoother. you cant really go wrong with either though... And your rig will get mad respect from the 4x4 community because its lined.

And your rig will get mad respect from the 4x4 community because its lined.
Lol, suddenly I don't want to put ANY liner on my truck... :D

I don't hang out in the 4wheelparts parking lot on Saturday mornings with the rest of the snorkel/two dozen KC lite crowd.

I appreciate the DIY opinions, I'm just wondering how it all cleans up and how it wears over time. How do you care for any of these products so that in 5 years it still looks good?

make sure you use one that is rated for UV, or has UV protection. Monstaliner has UV protection mixed in. I use your standard Herculiner but also use their UV topcoat. You can purchase the herculiner UV topcoat online. I have had it on mine since 2008 and it looks great still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom