Let's see your lifts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do you like those Bilsteins? I am trying to decide between Bilstein and OME shocks.

Love them! I think they are softer then most, which adds a little to my body roll problem, but wouldn't hesitate in getting them again.

Great thread! Good timing for me, because once I wear out my 31" MT/Rs I am probably going want to bump to 33s, since I'll also have power steering then. Looks like if I ever want to run chains with 33s I'll want to go with a 4" lift, or I might have to consider a 2 1/2" lift with a body lift, if I don't want to rub. From the pictures it doesn't look like a 2 1/2" lift with 33s will clear chains when flexing.

I've only had the Hell Creek / Bilstien combo on about a month or so. But love it so far. I did a lot of research and talked with many people about this combo before I decided.

Here is mine.
Mine is standard springs with just extended shackels on
the front (2.5-3.0)" and (5-6)" on the rear.
The 1st 2 pics with 33"x10.5"xR15" MT117 Silverstone Extreme on
8.0" width Mangles steel rims. Slight rubbing on the rear flares.

The 3rd pic is with 32"x11.5"xR15 MT Copper Discoverer on 8.5" with EXCEL Allow rims. NO rubbing.

Wishing all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

regards,
HelimanBD.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

I want to see you 2.5" and 4" lifts. Tell us what brand you have along with tire size.
Picture1.jpg
Picture2.jpg
Picture3.jpg

before and after

Here are some before and after pics. We built the FJ25 over several years. My son (age 7 or so is in the drivers seat.) This is before it's maiden voyage on the Fordyce Creek trail (Sierra Trek pre-run) - Advance Handling spring reversal in front, stock springs, (advertised 1 1/2 -2 inch lift). 1 1/2 inch body lift, Advertised 1 1/2 inch larger shackles in back with stock Fj25 springs. 33 inch BFGs . Basically it is what my previous FJ40 had for lift.

photo181.jpg

photo182.jpg

1 week after pre-trek. Spring over in rear (stock fj25 springs, stock shackels... no wrap bar for those who care and it still seems OK). 4 inch BTB springs in front with the same advance handling spring reversal (I only had a week). Swapped the shocks front to back and they worked. Look at the rocker panels and you can see why I lifted it further. Replace the new 33 inch with 35 inch BFGs. What's funny is I drove it in the garage, did what is basically a 6 inch lift and had the "boat in the basement" moment... can I get it out of the garage? The roll cage bends the mud flap on the garage door as we drive through.

photo197.jpg

photo199.jpg

Pretty much how it sits today. I've also added some skids around the rear quarter pannel. My son (the same kid as the first pic but
around age 14/15) driving on Barrett Lake Trail . (yeh, he drove the entire trail). I've not cut the stock rear FJ25 wheel opening and have not had a body rub problem.
NickTrailIntoBarrettLake3.jpg

Last edited:
2 1/2" fronts flipped, 2 1/2" rear OME 60 series flipped, 2" body lift. 14.5 x 36 x 15" TSL Radials, only rubs on inner fenderwell,:cheers: Need to install my spacers. Rides great. Rear fenderwells have been trimmed more since this pic.
cruizer 001.jpg

2.5 OME....33x9.5 BFG ATs

Love the ride quality.

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

PO Shot....Bezel police arrived and corrected the issue....

7772.jpg

PC161009.JPG

my 42 is running 33x10.5r15 simex jungle trekker 2's
~4" lift using combo of 75/40 leaves up front and 60/75 leaves+hanger reversal in the rear. + longer shackles..
10" bilstens both ends, 95" wb.

PC161012.JPG

not mine.. bj42 running 33x11.5r15 jungle trekker 2's + staun internal beadlocks
~4" lift using similar springs packs, 60+75+40
not sure what shocks.. looks like efs shocks up front.

I like this thread a lot. Anybody have more pics w/ details re: lift they could add?

I'm not certain which way to go on my FJ45SWB. Thinking 4" springs w/ 33 x 9.5 x 15's on 15" steel (non-splits).

Well I started the thread so I guess I can participate now that mine is almost done.
HFS 4", 1.5" HFS shackles, Bilstein 5125's and BFG KM2 33x10.5x15
IMG_0131.jpg

Very sharp, BBQ. Thanks for chiming in. Now that you've had the chance to tool around in it are you happy w/ the height? Any body roll issue, etc. that you might not have anticipated? Would you choose the same setup again?

Getting into and out of the cab seem like no problem for your daily driver goal?

I would definitely choose the HFS 4" again. I haven't noticed any body roll or instability at all. love the height just don't like all of the other stuff that comes along with adding 4" such as caster issues, alignment and so on but I think it is well worth it. I am short at 5'8" and shrinking and don't have too much problems getting out. I love it. Absolutely love it.

4" Old School Rancho with SS TSL 32 x 10.50

This was a nice combo!
IMG_0264.jpg

Now this is the real stuff. BJ40 (no, not an FJ) from 1971 (look closely at my license plate) with a 4 liter turbo diesel engine from an HJ61, 5 speed, power steering, SOA, stainless steel home built tub, mild lift with OME springs, 36x12,5x16 Simex on 10J rims, etc. I drive this in the weekends, than my hundy is in the garage. Do a lot of mudding... and have lots of fun with it.
Hope to be able to throw some wider 80-axles under it in a while. And change to a four link coil spring set up right away.
I will post some pics once that is done.
DSC06306 klein.JPG
DSC06313 klein.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom