Wiper Arms, what holds them on? **** see pictures (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
I have wiper arms that the inside has grooves and slide on a little ball. The ball has 2 Torx screws that you secure to the wiper motor mast. Then you slip the wiper ams on. But.. what holds them on? Are mine missing something? Thank you.

IMG_5011.jpeg

IMG_5012.jpeg

Yeah I think they are like any old Chevy ect 'snap-in' style arms. Missing the clips.

See this vid for a decent look at a similar arm.

I dont know if this same info is available online with clearer images or not, but it's what I have. Images show three different year ranges for the FJ40, from March '69 thru July '80, none of which show your style of wiper blade. All year wipers shown are held on with a nut.

20240323_100636.jpg

20240323_100756.jpg

Images show three different year ranges for the FJ40, from March '69 thru July '80, none of which

The date goes back to 9/67 the start of the 68 model. 3/69 is the date Toyota decided years ago was the earliest date that would support in the parts system. For early FJ40 have to support old parts books, micro fiche or something that was posted on line privately. Will have had my 9/67 68 FJ40 for fifty years in July. Been dealing with lack of support from Toyota long before the internet. Luckily long time dealers would have a book or micro fishe. Micro fishe readers disappeared from dealer was left to books which have been gone for years. I order from that fit my 68 and 3/69 as a 3/69. Had the response you own one for the first Land Cruisers by the person behind the counter.

Those are TRICO arms, they were sold as replacements back in the 60s, 70s and 80s. There is a metal clip (yours are missing) that secures the arm to the little splined adaptors. The clips went in the little square pocket next to the big hole.

View attachment 3589047
photo of TRICO arm…. If you zoom in you’ll see the clips…there are still E-Bay sellers that have these.
IMG_3867.jpeg

Here are the correct arms for the TNK.
PXL_20240323_181745362.jpg
PXL_20240323_181757148.jpg

These are on my 9/64 FJ45LP-B
PXL_20240323_181349945.jpg
PXL_20240323_181409480.jpg
PXL_20240323_181925428.jpg

Appears someone has bend them to have more pressure on the glass. Bends are not in the same location on the arm so assume it is not an OEM bend.

These are for my 1965 LPB. I bought these el cheeps from summit racing. They are about the same design as what I need but not good. I suppose if I could find the trico's that would be my best option at this point. unless the OEM ones ever materialize used.

IMG_5019.jpeg

These are for my 1965 LPB. I bought these el cheeps from summit racing. They are about the same design as what I need but not good. I suppose if I could find the trico's that would be my best option at this point. unless the OEM ones ever materialize used.

View attachment 3589234

I think the Trico would definitely be better. They have a length of steel to bend. I've had my 9/67 45 since January 1996. It was only registered one year under my ownership. That was 2003. I am amazed at the amount of pressure the arms still put against the windshield with the extra bend. I just looked at my 61 FJ40 and surprisingly it still has the TNK arms. Some funky blades so end may have been modified. Age and lack of time I'll let the next owner deal with that on the 61. Surprised your FJ45 out of AZ didn't have the original arms. Does it have the TNK wiper motors?

I have a set of TRICOs on my 68. It was something PO installed before I bought the rig in 1992. What I like about the arms is the screw adjustment on the end, so at rest, the blades are parallel to the windshield gasket. Once you get them on however, pushing the clip back to get them off is a real pain.

I’m pretty sure the blades came from AutoZone….or maybe Amazon. They’re pretty common.

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3868.jpeg

What'cha doing with those unmounted TNK wipers @Living in the Past ? :p
Do you remember the end of Raiders of the lost Ark where they just stored the Ark of the Covenant in a warehouse? Think of it along those lines just not as organised.
PXL_20221107_214908707.jpg
PXL_20221107_214723972.jpg
PXL_20221107_214900993.jpg

Actually I was looking for my Vader lights and these are were in the same box. I am a awful salesman and would have starved if I tried to make a living that way. I have always said until I sell of a couple project vehicles I will not sell parts that could help the sale. Thought I had them sold for a great price that year. I planned to get a Tough shed installed. Ordered the Tough Shed then the buyer just disappeared. I ended having to go thru all the work of moving vehicles around. So my motivation for a quick sale is gone. It's happen before to me. But once their gone I have tons of parts will sell. Just don't hold your breath.

Do you remember the end of Raiders of the lost Ark where they just stored the Ark of the Covenant in a warehouse? Think of it along those lines just not as organised.
View attachment 3589319View attachment 3589321View attachment 3589322
Actually I was looking for my Vader lights and these are were in the same box. I am an awful salesman and would have starved if I tried to make a living that way. I have always said until I sell of a couple project vehicles I will not sell parts that could help the sale. Thought I had them sold for a great price that year. I planned to get a Tough shed installed. Ordered the Tough Shed then the buyer just disappeared. I ended having to go thru all the work of moving vehicles around. So my motivation for a quick sale is gone. It's happen before to me. But once they’re gone I have tons of parts will sell. Just don't hold your breath.
Literally tons. :)

You know what they say about those wiper arms?

🎶 sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom