LED instrument panel/gauge cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the bulbs 1-piece assemblies, or is the plastic base separate from the bulb??

Nice choice in both optics and trigger...;) Though I tend to lean more toward FAL goodness.

Steve

Hey does anyone know what LEDs will replace these bulbs?

I don't recognize those bulbs, but I do recognize the new iphone and sweet looking Eotech. For replacing bulbs with the LEDs, you guys seem to be using the wrong tools. Unless you're holding up the guy trying to steal the LED bulbs, :hmm:

Can I add LED's to these new door lock actuators....???

IMG_1267.jpg

Similar to a dinner picture on arfcom...

...remove food, add parts.:p

Steve

Hey, I just found this bulb...will it fit anywhere on the 100?

IMG_20120921_130936_zps2b7d95a5.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, guys... I have been heads-down on a SIG build for the last couple of days and there are parts everywhere. When I took the pic, I had to swipe away a ton of Troy, Magpul, Noveske, and Daniel Defense odds and ends.

Back to the LEDs. I need to test the bulb swaps before recommending them to anyone. Also, I don't think I will be selling them as this just opens the floodgates on the support front. You should read the install issue emails that people send re: replacing an overhead dome light. I can just imagine what it would be like when somebody has their dash components strewn across their kitchen table.

Once the LEDs check out, I'd be more than happy to link people to a good supply source.

Blair...How are you liking the awesome new maps on iOS 6?

Blair didn't come home last night. He's lost. Siri is reading him a story while he awaits rescue. :)

A bulb base type and number list would be golden. Completely agree about the support issue with this mod. A potential nightmare to be avoided.

As long as we're talking bulbs, anyone figured out how to 'always-on' the LC dash lights? I tried jumpering a few harness connections a while back and only ended up turning on exterior lights with the dash.

I never came home because I couldn't buckle my seatbelt last night. Pfran do you have any ideas on how to add LEDs to the belt buckle like the newer Lexus' so it's easier in the dark? Seems like you'd be the one to solve this problem. My LS430 has it and I've become too accustomed to its amenities.
image-1477663339.jpg

I never came home because I couldn't buckle my seatbelt last night. Pfran do you have any ideas on how to add LEDs to the belt buckle like the newer Lexus' so it's easier in the dark? Seems like you'd be the one to solve this problem. My LS430 has it and I've become too accustomed to its amenities.

Could you point me to exact location of said LED mounting location? I looked around but could not find a "blank" slot.

20120922_135432.jpg

40mm grenade launcher tucked beside Hundy seat in 10, 9, ........

Well $hit.....

Anyone got a bulb for the center console? :confused:
P9230199.jpg

Like it. A room broom. Just spent three days at Quantico Marine base ogling the latest from Barrett, FN, H&K, Colt, Beretta etc. Impressive weight reductions are the big deal. The Barrett guy swears by the new MRAD model, which comes in at around 14# vs around 30# for the iconic 82A1 similarly configured.
mrad-hero.jpg

Last edited:
Like it. A room broom. Just spent three days at Quantico Marine base ogling the latest from Barrett, FN, H&K, Colt, Beretta etc. Impressive weight reductions are the big deal. The Barrett guy swears by the new MRAD model, which comes in at around 14# vs around 30# for the iconic 82A1 similarly configured.

...And what does this post have to do with LEDs and your 100?

Finally did this mod, easy and good result. Has anyone changed out the bulbs in the for the temperature controls?

Did anyone ever figure this out?

The 98-02 Gauge cluster uses 7 bulbs for illumination. They are White T5 74 (x7).

6 are easy to get to. one is behind the RPM gauge. There are many more bulbs to replace but swapping indicator lights with LEDs seems pointless unless they burn out. Except for the Drive light which would be too bright.

The light that surrounds the ignition uses a Green T5 74 (x1).

The gear indicator by the shifter uses a Green T5 74 (x1).

To be continued.

I for one would love to have a quality dash LED kit that was pnp and had reliable bulbs and sockets like pfran's interior package. It would really modernize the interior from 70's dim green/yellow. I'd also like to figure out how to get the dash lights on full time without running the parking lights.

I for one would love to have a quality dash LED kit that was pnp and had reliable bulbs and sockets like pfran's interior package. It would really modernize the interior from 70's dim green/yellow. I'd also like to figure out how to get the dash lights on full time without running the parking lights.

I'd love to be able to have the dash and radio lights on without the parking lights. When you want to warm the truck up before pulling out in a busy parking lot. Alarming 500 angry shoppers at the mall that you are about to leave is never a good idea.

I've just grown used to having electroluminescent panels in our ES and OBXT. Easy on the eyes on dark days when you don't really to burn outboard lights. LC just seems dark in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom