LC200 Stock Center Muffler Cut out - Shocking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, just wanted to post this up for the benefit of all LC200 owners. I cut open the stock center muffler in hopes that I might get it to flow better. What I saw is quite shocking. It is extremely restrictive, excessive even.

Photo 05-08-2023, 9 05 00 AM.jpg

Photo 05-08-2023, 9 05 05 AM.jpg

Photo 05-08-2023, 9 04 53 AM.jpg

Not too surprising given how large the muffler body is and how quiet it is. Are you planning on modifying the original muffler or just replacing with another style?

I think I'm going to junk it, would take too many hours to drill extra holes, weld popper valves, trumpets etc. Got a real cheap flowmaster 2 to 1 straight through on Amazon and coupled with the current temporary (maybe permanent now) 2.5 incher straight through, should keep thing to an acceptable sound level.

And yet.. not too restrictive to make 381 horsepower.

Ah…mine is the 4.7l 2UZ model, 280 odd hp only. I believe yours would be the 5.7l 3UR, the mufflers are different so I can’t comment on the 3UR models.
Having replaced the muffler on my old 2uz 100 series and eyeballing the stock muffler on my 3ur 200, they’re probably pretty similar. They’re both huge and both extremely quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom