LC Vendor feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of evaluating a rebuilt engine purchase from a couple of vendors. Cruiser Parts and Land Cruiser Heaven. I have dealt with Cruiser parts a couple of times but have never dealt with Land Cruiser Heaven. My interaction with both has been very positive. My last LC, I purchased everything exclusively from Cruiser Corps, but they are not offering what I am looking for and what they are offering is extremely expensive so I am looking at other options.
Before I spend a few thousand dollars, I want to make sure they are reputable and stand behind their work.
TIA!

I can't speak to the reputation of either vendor positive or negative. These threads may be worth reading.

I'd call Curt at Cruiser Outfitters. I don't know if they rebuild engines but I guarantee you they've worked with everyone under the sun who does... He's bound to have some good recs and he's the man. @cruiseroutfit

Talk to Cam

Just wrapped this one up today ;)

A114FE61-99FF-496C-96DD-A5FBAE283F90.jpeg

@FJ60Cam you do beautiful work that I am sure is worth every penny. Just a bit out of range. I am still considering it.

So after the reviews and the fact that Cruiser Parts has not answered their phone or returned my call, I decided to use Classic Cruisers and I am getting one of their rebuilt 2F motors. They gave a fair price and they can have it shipped to me within 6 weeks. It also has a 12months/1yr warranty.

So after the reviews and the fact that Cruiser Parts has not answered their phone or returned my call, I decided to use Classic Cruisers and I am getting one of their rebuilt 2F motors. They gave a fair price and they can have it shipped to me within 6 weeks. It also has a 12months/1yr warranty.
Good choice IMO. Last I checked, Classic Cruisers is having their 2Fs rebuilt by Empire Engines in Albuquerque. Brian did a great job on rebuilding the 3FE in my '86 FJ60 several years ago.

Pioneer Engines also sells rebuilt 2F’s at a very reasonable price. Less than $2k if you have a core to send them. Less than $3k if you don’t have a core.
Looks like they are for forklifts. Is that the same engine? That seems cheap. Has anyone actually used them for an FJ60?

The 2F is an industrial Toyota engine and yes they were used in forklifts. Whether the fork lift engine is exactly the same as the land cruiser engine I am not sure but I have seen references I. Mud threads to buying parts from industrial suppliers that work.

Looks like they are for forklifts. Is that the same engine? That seems cheap. Has anyone actually used them for an FJ60?
The 2F is an industrial Toyota engine and yes they were used in forklifts. Whether the fork lift engine is exactly the same as the land cruiser engine I am not sure but I have seen references I. Mud threads to buying parts from industrial suppliers that work.

Yes, they are the same engines. There are a few members on this forum that have purchased these long blocks for their trucks, with great success. If you are interested, I have the contact info for the individual somewhere, that I can find for you.

Yes, they are the same engines. There are a few members on this forum that have purchased these long blocks for their trucks, with great success. If you are interested, I have the contact info for the individual somewhere, that I can find for you.
@Ocho77 thanks. I think you are the guy in MI that is not far from me, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom