FJ60 Parking Brake Reproduction Feedback (1 Viewer)

Keep OEM look or go with cleaned up look?

• Keep OEM Look

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep cleaned up look

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRFarmers

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.therustfarmers.com
Hi-

We are reproducing the parking brake handle and plastic button that releases the brake. The pre-production samples are completed. We eliminated the mold parting line, but are receiving feedback that it doesn't look as good.

Would appreciate feedback from the forum on which direction to take.

Thanks

Seth

60 Series Brake Handle w.o mold line.jpg

Cavity Parting Line.jpg

Is that based on a mold of the original? If it is a mold of the original and you improved upon it by removing a manufacturing defect the original would have had then I cannot imagine the feedback would be that it does not look as good.

Is that based on a mold of the original? If it is a mold of the original and you improved upon it by removing a manufacturing defect the original would have had then I cannot imagine the feedback would be that it does not look as good.
The original has the line down the middle aka the mold cavity parting line. The version we are slotted to produce does not have the line....

They may seem crazy that I'm asking the forum this, however these types of details are important to "some" people.

I don't want a pallet(s) sitting in my warehouse of a given part that doesn't look good.

Case and point is the FJ60 reproduction mud flaps where the lettering isn't in the correct font. (Planning to reproduce these to look correct, once I button up the details with Toyota)

Personally my view is that any reproduction is better then nothing and whatever you do will be well received by the majority. I can assure you that none of my customers would care less let alone notice.

Can you do them in brown? I really need a brown one :lol:

Definitely skip the mold line if you can. It's not a defining design feature.
Very cool to see these getting reproduced!

I'll buy two of whatever you produce.

Make me a brown one! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. But, I'll still buy a black one with a mold line if I need to. :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom