LC 250 pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lc-pricing.png

source: https://toyota-cms-media.s3.amazona...023/10/2023-2024-Toyota-Pricing-10.5.2023.pdf

That first edition price is surprising. Add ADM and you are at the price of a BRapter. I was hoping the devaluation of the Japanese Yen would lower the price of the 1958 model. We will see if the Yen keeps dropping how it will affect the pricing.

That first edition price is surprising. Add ADM and you are at the price of a BRapter. I was hoping the devaluation of the Japanese Yen would lower the price of the 1958 model. We will see if the Yen keeps dropping how it will affect the pricing.

Ah, BRaptors are coming in closer to 100k around here...impossible to find w/out an ADM.

Honestly, I don't need a salesman or (99.9% of the time a service department). I know what I want, when I want it and I do all of my own service and repair. I could just as easily buy it off of Amazon and go pick it up wherever it gets dropped off. Bought my last truck in Portland, OR after returning from overseas. I ordered 13 weeks in advance of my return, sent them a cashier's check for the truck and it was waiting for me when the family and I got off the plane. First scratch in the bed was from the kids sliding the luggage in the back (it was getting a bed liner the following week anyway). Haven't been back to Portland since. I don't care to deal with salesmen or saleswomen and I know far more than they do about the product I'm buying. Where can we institute that sales model?

Honestly, I don't need a salesman or (99.9% of the time a service department). I know what I want, when I want it and I do all of my own service and repair. I could just as easily buy it off of Amazon and go pick it up wherever it gets dropped off. Bought my last truck in Portland, OR after returning from overseas. I ordered 13 weeks in advance of my return, sent them a cashier's check for the truck and it was waiting for me when the family and I got off the plane. First scratch in the bed was from the kids sliding the luggage in the back (it was getting a bed liner the following week anyway). Haven't been back to Portland since. I don't care to deal with salesmen or saleswomen and I know far more than they do about the product I'm buying. Where can we institute that sales model?
Already exists - Tesla.

Last edited:
Already exists - Tesla.
And due to the magic of their dynamic pricing, you can buy one on one day for $70k and the next day it'll be $55k or less and you'll have no recourse.

But hey, you're getting it directly from the psycho/sociopath instead of through the hands of numerous psycho/sociopaths.

These businesses complain all day about knowing their future outlay of costs and having financial and regulatory certainty as it applies to their future expenditures..but when it comes time to pass that certainty onto their customers...nope. They must squeeze every possible drop of out them to maximize revenue per the algorithm.

It's really nothing different than systematic dealer markups.

Last edited:
Where can we institute that sales model?
i bought my gx 460 new from a car broker. least painful car buying experience i've ever had. they drove the truck to my house and we were done after signing some papers. none of the gamesmanship you get at dealerships.

I think Tesla (and maybe Hyundai via amazon?) have gone this way, haven't they?

EDIT: Didn't see the other replies first. feel free to delete the post.

I will say the last car I bought new was all done via text/email/hyperlinks with a dealership about an hour from me. They even drove the car to my house for delivery. TBF I paid close to MSRP for it (thanks covid response) and they were likely slow that day, but it was nice comparatively to the flogging I was used to many years prior.

Reminds me of when the tread seemed to have been to a move towards no haggle pricing, only to find out that people actually preferred trying to get a better deal. Maybe with the rise of internet ordering, like Amazon, this mindset is changing.

So far all of the extreme mark-ups are First Editions. The jury is still out on whether that will be the norm. Toyota expected exactly this I'm sure when they announced a manufactured scarcity trim. This trim is for people who can drop that kind of money and not think twice (not me)

That much mark-up totally defeats the purpose of bringing the new LC model to market at a lower price point.
Greedy bastids.
It’s crazy. If you want one it will pay to be patient. There must be some dealers who will not do markups. That was certainly the case with some Ford dealers during the bronco rollout. Granger Ford in Iowa sold them under msrp and ended up doing crazy volume from customers nationwide.

It's called supply and demand
As long as people pay the inflated price they well keep charging it.
Housing prices would not be what they are today if people were not bidding 80 to 100k over asking 🤷‍♂️ It's called

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom