LC 100 w/Odometer off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this 2000 LC100 w/Ironman foam cell shocks front and rear and OME 865 rear coils that were put 2 months ago. When the owner bough it, the odo was showing 75K. Now it is at 85K but carfax says odo is saying it is off and supposed to be at 283K. That said, the owner (4th owner according to carfax), also was forthcoming about it and said that he expects it to be at 290K.

The engine, tranny runs smooth but found leaky boots. He put in new radiator, brake pads. last toyota service records found in 2005. Clean body, no accidents, interior is with typical leather cracks. Hi/Lo gears w/center diff works. Owner asking for $9K. What do you guys think it's worth?

Don't know what I think it's worth but just so you can get an idea I just bought a '98 with 259K miles 2 weeks ago for $3100. Everything stock. Everything worked except for the sunroof. It even has the rear locking differential.

I agree with @Trunk Monkey about being fishy and fishy history vehicles are worth very, very little. There are only a handful of people willing to take that risk, hence a low value. I would treat it as the same value as a parts vehicle and expect to pay only a couple thousand at most.

Your resale value will be hamper by the odometer. So know what your buying it for i.e. DD, build, flip or parts. You must triple inspect and be good at it. Any rust undercarriage (frame, body or parts) and walk.

Starting value ~$7.2k then deduct for each part that's not perfect i.e ~$2k for odometer, $400 for each row of seats that needs skins, $120 for each interior door panel that's not perfect, $200 for steering wheel, $$300 for each section of carpet that's not perfect, $300 for each front drive shaft (leaky boot) keep working through each system (frame, body, trim, mechanical and electrical) then do a compression check. Any part/system in question assume bad.

Keep in mind as a parts rig the value is limited do high millage, even more so for millage that is not verifiable. Someone looking for and engine, transmission transfer case, differential, front dive shafts will not pay much.

My guess is you'll be under $4k before your done unless this rig is really clean.

Let the seller know this before you take the time to inspect. If he not open to a greatly reduced price don't waste your time.

thank you all for your feedback. I am inline and was only planning on paying at most $4K but the seller said he would like to get at least $8K for it. The Odo was off before he bought his car and he told me that he paid too much for this car thinking it was at 85K miles. I am going to pass especially after reading what @Buu100 paid for his LC.

thank you all for your feedback. I am inline and was only planning on paying at most $4K but the seller said he would like to get at least $8K for it. The Odo was off before he bought his car and he told me that he paid too much for this car thinking it was at 85K miles. I am going to pass especially after reading what @Buu100 paid for his LC.
Probably a good call, unless he felt like going negative and you could snag it for sub $4k. To add to this, you should be able to find a '98 with less than 200k and in great condition for $8k, all day. I bought mine for under $10k over 3 years ago with 135k on it with perfect, documented history. I personally wanted a '98, but as many will say, go for the newest and lowest mile specimen you can afford.

Someone probably changed the speedo but for me that we be a no deal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom