Kyosan Fuel Pump How To De-Code, Date of Manufature / Production Date Mont , Day , Year Etc.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Can anyone shed light on how to date code stamp translate a OEM Kyosan Brand made in japan Fuel pump ?

only 2 reference numbers on it , one cast on side 7-2

- other engraved on top 1 L 0 7

- was thinking maybe like 2F aisian air horn build date month alpa numeric code thing ?

- its a 79-later 2F fj40 fj60 sealed unit 23100-61050

- maybe A TP-605 ?

- For those who wonder Why The H##L ! this ever would matter ...........see below ,

- this pump original to this block confirmed ......

Thanks !

DSCN3059.JPG
DSCN3061.JPG
DSCN3055.JPG

Molds are expensive and difficult to modify; it's not common to include personalization like serial number or production date directly in a cast part. It's more typical to include a land area that's milled flat and stamped during finishing operations. The "7-2" in your casting is more likely an identification number for the mold itself. I'd focus on trying to decode the stamped "1L07".

That area in the second pix looked familiar earlier when I looked at this thread. Than as I cleaned up the surface of the side of the block for the new gasket and it's cover I saw why... but mine has numbers after the 2F. What do they decode?

IMG_4583.JPG

That area in the second pix looked familiar earlier when I looked at this thread. Than as I cleaned up the surface of the side of the block for the new gasket and it's cover I saw why... but mine has numbers after the 2F. What do they decode?

View attachment 1436746

I assumed the OP was asking about the fuel pump production code because his block is missing this code. Mine's missing too, maybe blocks produced before a certain date didn't have them.

serial?.jpg

Your blocks may be replacement blocks, which are meant to be stamped by the dealer, or more likely, the manufacturer when replaced or sold. Why no stamp??? Who knows!

On Japanese motorcycles, when a center case half with the engine id# is replaced, the dealer is supposed to order the part with the old case number. The manufacturers parts center then stamps that number into the new case.

I know GM did the same with engine blocks, not sure how a new block is handled currently.

Maybe...?

Reactions: bhk
Your blocks may be replacement blocks, which are meant to be stamped by the dealer, or more likely, the manufacturer when replaced or sold. Why no stamp??? Who knows!

On Japanese motorcycles, when a center case half with the engine id# is replaced, the dealer is supposed to order the part with the old case number. The manufacturers parts center then stamps that number into the new case.

I know GM did the same with engine blocks, not sure how a new block is handled currently.

Maybe...?

Interesting. To Felicity's question, what's supposed to go here? A code tied to the VIN?

I have receipts back to '98 and a typed list of major service back to '95 but no record of the block ever being replaced. Now I'm curious....

Blocks with just 2F(and nothing behind it) are replacement blocks.

Reactions: bhk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom