Rebuilt Pump Over Fueling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any 2h injector pump gurus out there?

I’ve got a freshly rebuilt 2h with a freshly rebuilt injector pump and injectors.

My issue is that it’s just pumping out black smoke at all rev ranges, especially at idle. I can wind in the fuel screw till there’s almost no threads left and it barely clears up, but then it hasn’t got enough fuel to start.

I’ve also had to wind the stop control arm all the way out till there’s one thread left for the motor to stop.

Any ideas short of pulling the whole pump again and sending it back?

Any 2h injector pump gurus out there?

I’ve got a freshly rebuilt 2h with a freshly rebuilt injector pump and injectors.

My issue is that it’s just pumping out black smoke at all rev ranges, especially at idle. I can wind in the fuel screw till there’s almost no threads left and it barely clears up, but then it hasn’t got enough fuel to start.

I’ve also had to wind the stop control arm all the way out till there’s one thread left for the motor to stop.

Any ideas short of pulling the whole pump again and sending it back?
If you're experiencing persistent black smoke, there are several factors to consider before resorting to a full pump removal. Start by checking the injector timing to ensure it's set accurately, as incorrect timing can lead to inefficient combustion and increased smoke production. Additionally, inspect the air filter and intake system for any restrictions, ensuring that the engine is receiving an adequate supply of air. Verify the quality of the fuel and rule out contaminants that might be affecting combustion.

Also you could pay close attention to the injector nozzles, as they could be delivering more fuel than necessary. Hopefully you get it resolved

SOLVED! Turns out the vac lines to the pump were the wrong way around. The throttle body on the dyna is upside down to the hj’s so the lines have to cross over each other. Cheers for the reply’s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom