KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This might not bode well for some of y’all. But the people begging for an answer from Dave or “threatening” to buy other products or saying Dave needs to hurry up. Y’all need to chill the fuc k out.

Dave has a full time job, has a family, completely redesigned and retooled from his original designs and has moved to a new house AND who all else knows what’s going on behind the scenes we’re not privy to (nor should we be).
His products are killer, and a lot of time and effort has gone into bringing this to market for what he’s charging.

I imagine everything that’s gone on in his life recently has been stressful. Y’all beating down his door isn’t doing anything to help the situation.

it took a long time for my drawers to come in (I was one of the last few shipments of the v1) but I’m telling you guys, the wait is 1000% worth it.

Be patient. Dave’s a solid dude and he’d just about run himself into the ground to please his customers if it meant making them happy. Trust that he’s not just sitting on his ass.

This might not bode well for some of y’all. But the people begging for an answer from Dave or “threatening” to buy other products or saying Dave needs to hurry up. Y’all need to chill the fuc k out.

Dave has a full time job, has a family, completely redesigned and retooled from his original designs and has moved to a new house AND who all else knows what’s going on behind the scenes we’re not privy to (nor should we be).
His products are killer, and a lot of time and effort has gone into bringing this to market for what he’s charging.

I imagine everything that’s gone on in his life recently has been stressful. Y’all beating down his door isn’t doing anything to help the situation.

it took a long time for my drawers to come in (I was one of the last few shipments of the v1) but I’m telling you guys, the wait is 1000% worth it.

Be patient. Dave’s a solid dude and he’d just about run himself into the ground to please his customers if it meant making them happy. Trust that he’s not just sitting on his ass.

I agree that with what you are saying. I have the V1 and I really enjoy it. I would do it again after having used it for a while now.

This could be handled better though. The biggest missed opportunity I see was for a group buy of the new system with people offering some sort of deposit. This would have given him an estimate of demand and possibly allowed him to order in a larger volume to get further discounts. The biggest compliment to @CruiserDave though is that even though there is some confusion as to what is going on, the demand still seems to be there. Just a few announcements on this thread would likely be enough to keep people happy. Does he have an Instagram account where he is posting any updates?

To CruiserDave, keep up the hard work! I do appreciate that you are working this as a side business and putting out a good product.

I understand dave is busy but It couldnt hurt to update the thread with what is going on. Communication is important.

Hi Dave, any plan for a half height cabinet? Would love to put my 82qt ARB with slider on it.

Thanks!

Anyone who picked up REEF drawers from the first release, please post back here and show us what you’ve got. I’d love a walkthrough of the new setup so we can see how it’s improved as well as an overview of the installation. It will help us know if we should order additional tie-downs etc. Thanks in advance. I’m excited for full kits to become available!

FYI per Instagram Dave is alive and working on his LandShark Outfitters business. Thanks for striving for greatness Dave!

YouTube has the exclusive

I’m learning Dave has another family that I never knew about. We still love you Dave! Can’t wait for round two, that video has me excited to get my hands on these.

Alright.
Now that I’ve seen a video of the new drawers I think they’re better than mine (which was the version released right before he made his house move) and really really slick.

I love that the drawer slides on the 80/20 (instead of inside the 80/20 Chanel) looks like install will be much easier, and no fitment issues that I experienced (all user induced issues)

I also love that the wing kit isn’t attached to the drawer fronts themselves which is how it is with mine.
Because as mine sits I wouldn’t be able to put a power panel where the guy in the video is going to put it.

y’all still waiting for these drawers I’d say is absolutely worth the wait and makes me a wee bit jealous at this new design.

So sick!!!

I personally do not mind the look of the unfinished plywood. But if these drawers are left unfinished will they warp or could there be other issues? Thanks

Dave sent out this email earlier today. Hope this helps you all.

Status of the Reef
It's been a while since I used this newsletter so I figured it was time for those that might've missed the blog or Instagram posts to catch you up.

The Reef shipped a small test production batch a few weeks ago, and after its success I have been prepping a batch of 50 to fill the shelves. I expect to be packaging these within the next week, and while 50 may sound like a lot that is 50 single drawers... it's too early to say the split between single and double drawer purchasers (or triple :) but I won't be surprised if we blow through this run. For those signed up to be notified of stock that do not get in this one, I will keep you in the notify list for the next couple "in stock" events until we get caught up.

Vehicle-specific Anchor Plates
I had everything proto'd/tested/ready to go when I realized the cutting board clashed with the anchors so had to do a total redesign. That is done, waiting CNC time to test the new anchors. Likely in the 1-2 week range.
Vehicle-specific Anchor Plates
I really, really hate to sound like a broken record but personal life and day job issues have continued to intrude on my time to get these out the door. Once CNC'er is done with this batch of 50 he'll get to them. Which leads me to my next topic, bringing the Reef to new vehicles...
Introducing the ProtoYak

c30531d6-94a3-4e5a-9e18-d5aac93f1f58.jpg

3D scanning vehicles to make vehicle-specific wing and front kits was a super cool idea, and works well except for 2 hiccups: 1) it required scheduling the scanner with a very kind volunteer to meet at a mutually convenient place and time, and 2) the scans were time-consuming to distill into usable content.

Enter the ProtoYak. Inspired by a contour gauge my wife bought me for Christmas, I can carry this in the back of my truck and perform measurements on the trail or in a parking lot right then and there. No scheduling, short design times, accurate, and frankly, just plain old school cool :)
I'm building a vehicle-fitment guide on the website to share customer input on the best ways to anchor, adapt to vehicle idiosyncrasies, and wing kit options. Look for it in the next week or so.
Help

59504ad3-b538-4fdd-b634-76b87c8d0695.jpg

Business is good. Too good. The potential backorder list is intimidating, the number of vehicles to build specific kits for is daunting, the list of Reef module ideas needing development long, and my other products (Remora v2, SharkNet, $h!t Slinger, Ghost Emblems, Chum Buckets, Shark Attack Kit, etc) have completely stalled. There is simply way too much work here for me to do it all and I'm not too proud to say HELP.

If you can help with any of these please email me:
  • Custom shopify templates & help setting up (specifically stupid shipping system)
  • YouTube content creation (would need to be close to Bend or able to travel here easily to get footage)
  • I want to start a customer loyalty and referral program, something simple but cool. If you've been part of one before that you loved, let me know what you liked and what worked well.
  • I'd like to donate a portion of proceeds for the Reef to support reef preservation, but the question is who is a worthy recipient?
  • Anyone with an existing overlanding business that would be interested in resale, build and customization sales, or product packaging and order fulfillment, let's chat. No stock near term, but eventually...
  • Finally, if you happen to live in Central Oregon and are looking to make some extra money on weekends, I'll pay you in cash or gear!
That's it for today, Happy Trails!
Dave

I'm starting to resurface folks, it's been a struggle transitioning to a new role at the already newish job, and then some family stuff. In process of moving to new e-commerce/website, taking time but did get a 'Notify Me' going for when the Reef Drawers starts shipping. Note this is an email or sms notification, not a reservation.

Testing in my 100 now, very very happy. Need to notch the wings for opening... anyone have a template? (it's subzero out right now and not fun to work in : )

View attachment 2141684
Curious - what are the best hinge assemblies for the first version of the KISS drawer side wings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom