KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick question about the Reef drawers, do they level with the seats when the seats are folded down? Looking to build a bed platform.
Thanks!
And, also do they rear seats lose their ability to recline back?

Quick question about the Reef drawers, do they level with the seats when the seats are folded down? Looking to build a bed platform.
Thanks!
They do...you can see it clearly on the first page of this thread. They also show a couple inch gap from the seats to the drawers so you should be able to recline. The rear seat recline though? I've never sat in the back of mine.

This might not bode well for some of y’all. But the people begging for an answer from Dave or “threatening” to buy other products or saying Dave needs to hurry up. Y’all need to chill the fuc k out.

Dave has a full time job, has a family, completely redesigned and retooled from his original designs and has moved to a new house AND who all else knows what’s going on behind the scenes we’re not privy to (nor should we be).
His products are killer, and a lot of time and effort has gone into bringing this to market for what he’s charging.

I imagine everything that’s gone on in his life recently has been stressful. Y’all beating down his door isn’t doing anything to help the situation.

it took a long time for my drawers to come in (I was one of the last few shipments of the v1) but I’m telling you guys, the wait is 1000% worth it.

Be patient. Dave’s a solid dude and he’d just about run himself into the ground to please his customers if it meant making them happy. Trust that he’s not just sitting on his ass.

Thank you @devlooper! Awesome reply and I really appreciate it ;)

I'm sorry everyone, but the reality is I stop coming here anymore unless I have GOOD news to share. It's too depressing to say yet again "couple more weeks" which is not helpful to anyone if I miss yet again, like I have over and over and over....

PLUS, and here's the biggy, these forums are NOT for vendors to chit chat about their business, and I try really hard to respect that. They are for you, the community to chit chat, not me market and sell and advertise. @woody is super understanding and awesome, but I want to respect the rules as much as possible. So I am back today because finally there is good news: they will be back in stock tomorrow, and the anchors and wings should be next week (assuming CNC moves as scheduled).

I understand dave is busy but It couldnt hurt to update the thread with what is going on. Communication is important.
Yep, see above though, and subscribe to the blog on the website, or the newsletter, or the instagram for more 'whatever is happening' info.

I personally do not mind the look of the unfinished plywood. But if these drawers are left unfinished will they warp or could there be other issues? Thanks
Nope. They are made from gen-U-ine baltic birch, the absolute best you can buy at volume. Two things WILL happen though: 1) the sun coming through your back window will light up the top and reflect onto your rear window, making it harder to see out, and 2) they will over time get dirty and scuffed up if you use them a lot. I am about to start offering two materials you can apply to the top and purchase through my store, or, put literally anything you want on top or even run with them naked - they are the starting point for YOUR custom storage system ;)

Thanks!
The Reef is the same height as the old KISS drawers, so roughly halfway between the bottom and top of your folder seat in a 100 (not flat). For those going hardcore on their builds and removing the 2nd row seats, I have a sleeping platform extension module for the Reef coming...

I'm sorry everyone, but the reality is I stop coming here anymore unless I have GOOD news to share. It's too depressing to say yet again "couple more weeks" which is not helpful to anyone if I miss yet again, like I have over and over and over....

PLUS, and here's the biggy, these forums are NOT for vendors to chit chat about their business, and I try really hard to respect that. They are for you, the community to chit chat, not me market and sell and advertise. @woody is super understanding and awesome, but I want to respect the rules as much as possible. So I am back today because finally there is good news: they will be back in stock tomorrow, and the anchors and wings should be next week (assuming CNC moves as scheduled).

Yep, see above though, and subscribe to the blog on the website, or the newsletter, or the instagram for more 'whatever is happening' info.

Nope. They are made from gen-U-ine baltic birch, the absolute best you can buy at volume. Two things WILL happen though: 1) the sun coming through your back window will light up the top and reflect onto your rear window, making it harder to see out, and 2) they will over time get dirty and scuffed up if you use them a lot. I am about to start offering two materials you can apply to the top and purchase through my store, or, put literally anything you want on top or even run with them naked - they are the starting point for YOUR custom storage system ;)

The Reef is the same height as the old KISS drawers, so roughly halfway between the bottom and top of your folder seat in a 100 (not flat). For those going hardcore on their builds and removing the 2nd row seats, I have a sleeping platform extension module for the Reef coming...

are you gonna offer half height drawers or roller top drawers?

Can you share what 2 materials you may be offering for the reef tops?

@cruzerDave Just ordered Reef drawers. Wanted to send a message through your site but couldn't see how. I'd definitely wait a little bit if I could get all the extras with them (latches, straps, wings etc) with them, is their availability coming up?

are you gonna offer half height drawers or roller top drawers?
Half height is a maybe, not convinced the utility would be worth the cost - what is the use or need you have in mind?

Can you share what 2 materials you may be offering for the reef tops?
They will be called "Sharkskin" and "Cowskin" ;)

@cruzerDave Just ordered Reef drawers. Wanted to send a message through your site but couldn't see how. I'd definitely wait a little bit if I could get all the extras with them (latches, straps, wings etc) with them, is their availability coming up?
Supply of Reef drawers will be tight for the near future so you are better off doing as you did and getting those when they are in stock. Wings and anchors for 100 are up next and shipping in the next 1-2 weeks, just waiting on some CNC time.

Latched front is longer as I keep trying a latch and then it doesn't work out. Waiting for a sample for my 4th iteration. Once I have one I like and the proto is cut and checks out it will be fast, but for the moment it is several weeks at best.

Half height is a maybe, not convinced the utility would be worth the cost - what is the use or need you have in mind?

They will be called "Sharkskin" and "Cowskin" ;)

Supply of Reef drawers will be tight for the near future so you are better off doing as you did and getting those when they are in stock. Wings and anchors for 100 are up next and shipping in the next 1-2 weeks, just waiting on some CNC time.

Latched front is longer as I keep trying a latch and then it doesn't work out. Waiting for a sample for my 4th iteration. Once I have one I like and the proto is cut and checks out it will be fast, but for the moment it is several weeks at best.

half height for people that want more clearance on top (dog kennel or other items that require height).

Roller top so you can access drawer front or back. Also so u have easy access to whatever is on top of the drawer

I ordered a pair, I’m excited to build them. I think this will make a huge difference in how I can use the truck on a daily basis and also for trips. Especially with dogs in the back. Thanks a lot Dave!

Does anyone know if Dave ships them to Canada? Trying to order but there's no shipping option to Canada...:cry:
I’m not sure if he does or not but you can look into a freight forwarder or I think he lives pretty close to the northern border. Maybe a trip down into the western side of the states would be a neat little trip if your on the west side of Canada.

I’m not sure if he does or not but you can look into a freight forwarder or I think he lives pretty close to the northern border. Maybe a trip down into the western side of the states would be a neat little trip if your on the west side of Canada.
Cool, thanks for the info man!
I'm from Vancouver so I'm down to drive across the boarder to pick it up. Trying to get in touch with Dave now :bounce:

I'm from Vancouver so I'm down to drive across the boarder to pick it up. Trying to get in touch with Dave now :bounce:
Awesome! Dave is seriously an awesome dude and would do just about anything to help his customers but he’s been so busy recently.
Cheers!

Email me with your delivery address and I'll get you a quote. Store is not set up for Intl yet, pricing for HI and AK will be first, then CA, maybe AUS? ;)

Do most of you that have had these for a while still just strap them down? My new Reefs get here this week and I'm curious about the straps that come with them vs the upgraded straps vs the mounting plates. I'm not a serious offroader, more of a car camper/bird hunter/kid hauler.

Do most of you that have had these for a while still just strap them down? My new Reefs get here this week and I'm curious about the straps that come with them vs the upgraded straps vs the mounting plates. I'm not a serious offroader, more of a car camper/bird hunter/kid hauler.
I believe that the rational of tying them down has more to do with the worst case scenario- sure, driving around to the state parks or touring around to see the sights presents a smaller risk of roll-over than rock crawling or driving off-camber trails. But what’s important to remember is that your drawer system, however it’s composed, is essentially a piece of furniture sitting behind the heads of your passengers, your children. Should you loose control on an icy road and end up laying your car on it’s side, is the cabinet in the back going to stay put, or might it get thrown into the second row? If someone is looking at their phone instead of paying attention to the traffic ahead of them rear ends you, will the set of drawer stay put, or get launched forward into the second row?
How you decide to tie things down is up to common sense and the resources available to you. I purchased some turn buckles from Home Depot and used the mounting points in the floor of the cargo space. Ratchet straps or some other strap system might also serve. What are you comfortable doing? What system is adequate to the task. Only you can answer that question. Personally, I think the risk inherent in a rear-ending situation is much more serious than in an Offroad situation.

I believe that the rational of tying them down has more to do with the worst case scenario- sure, driving around to the state parks or touring around to see the sights presents a smaller risk of roll-over than rock crawling or driving off-camber trails. But what’s important to remember is that your drawer system, however it’s composed, is essentially a piece of furniture sitting behind the heads of your passengers, your children. Should you loose control on an icy road and end up laying your car on it’s side, is the cabinet in the back going to stay put, or might it get thrown into the second row? If someone is looking at their phone instead of paying attention to the traffic ahead of them rear ends you, will the set of drawer stay put, or get launched forward into the second row?
How you decide to tie things down is up to common sense and the resources available to you. I purchased some turn buckles from Home Depot and used the mounting points in the floor of the cargo space. Ratchet straps or some other strap system might also serve. What are you comfortable doing? What system is adequate to the task. Only you can answer that question. Personally, I think the risk inherent in a rear-ending situation is much more serious than in an Offroad situation.
Very true, all. That's why I'm curious if people are happy using the provided straps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom