KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Backcountry Gear has that mattress on closeout: MegaMat Duo 10 LW+ - Ruby Red
Green was out of stock but I snagged a red at that price.

I guess I'll end up building one of these... but mine will only have one drawer - I need that third row seat for now, so I think I'll hinge the platform down the middle so it can flip out of the way.

Thanks for sharing this deal. Cheaper than Amazon, free shipping, no sales tax. Wins all around. Now to just get these drawers...

Anyone else excited for land shark outfitters to be selling drawers again?
cant wait to see what you have in store.

I know I am. Want to get these installed asap

I have a full size memory foam mattress I use when it’s the wife and I and it’s great. If I’m alone I have a “narrow” twin that’s 30 inches wide that fits perfect when just the drivers side rear seat is folded down. That way you don’t loose as much space with the full size mattress. Just a recommendation if you’re going solo.

I have a full size memory foam mattress I use when it’s the wife and I and it’s great. If I’m alone I have a “narrow” twin that’s 30 inches wide that fits perfect when just the drivers side rear seat is folded down. That way you don’t loose as much space with the full size mattress. Just a recommendation if you’re going solo.

What mattress do you use?

The bad thing about using the memory foam type is obviously they don’t deflate and you’re stuck with having a mattress the back of your truck the whole time.

While I don't have KISS drawers (yet...), I use a similar foam mattress that fits perfectly with the drivers-side rear seat folded. It's 75x31x6, and is incredibly comfortable.

Amazon product ASIN B07KWFNHMH
IMG_4847.JPEG
IMG_5072.JPEG

Alright my family and I went camping this weekend and the temps were between low 50 to low 30’s/below freezing and while we stayed very warm in the truck (me, wife, and two dogs) we had to deal with condensation. Are there any tips or tricks y’all have discovered to combat the build up other than opening more windows?

I was planning to make insulation panels out of reflectix. It's basically foil covered bubble wrap. Cut to fit. I'd consider some form of curtain between the front of the cab and the rear, that way you could crack the sunroof or something. Keep in mind that mosquitos are attacted to heat and co2, so if you plan to do that in the summer, you may want to make a screen.
The LC actually has air exhaust flaps built into the rear - that's what the little vents in the back do, so you may consider a low power RV fan that you can stick into the sunroof opening and running it on a second battery system.

In my actual RV, I installed one of these fans:
Amazon product ASIN B002N1J5IMAnd then added a PWM speed controller - the PWM is important to minimize power consumption. The one I bought isn't up, but this is basically the same thing:
Amazon product ASIN B071H2YQG5A little air circulation goes a long way.

Finally, being the nerd that I am, there's also some small vent fans, like this:
RioRand 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A 80W DC Motor Speed Controller PWM Speed Adjustable Reversible Switch 1203BB DC Motor Driver Reversing - - Amazon.com

Those can be installed and closed when not in use. Sunroof mount or you can make a hole...
This guy put some into his 'bugout van'
Ventline VanAir Roof Vent Review (DIY CamperVan) Tiny House Van

I had to laugh a bit, he uses the same dual fans I also have in my RV that I got for extra circulation:
Those are a hair loud but super flexible and cheap.

Edit: extra cheap but decent idea:
and
4Runner Car Camping Low Profile Setup (Cooling Fan, Bugs

Also have to mention the screen with magnetic tape idea over the top for insect season.

Last edited:
Are there any tips or tricks y’all have discovered to combat the build up other than opening more windows?

I’ve only slept in there solo, but I didn’t have any issues. I slept with my head toward the front and partially opened both second row windows for ventilation.

To keep the bugs out I ordered mesh window coverings. They worked alright, but definitely cut down on airflow. I was okay with temps 35-50 degrees, but I bet it would be pretty uncomfortable if it was hot outside. I also bought a cheap roll of reflectix and used that on the back window and furthest back side windows - mainly for privacy.

Amazon product ASIN B00Y85UME2

How'd you make that shelving?
The platform is pretty basic. Some 8” threaded steel pipe segments with flanges on either side supporting a 2x4 frame with some plywood on top. I put tan carpet on top and bolted it down with turnbuckles. I bought everything from Home Depot other than the turnbuckles. I just based it off of some pictures I saw in threads about sleeping platforms. It turned out okay, but I’m definitely getting a set of the KISS drawers when they are back in production.

I am still unable to order anything! What am I missing here?

I am still unable to order anything! What am I missing here?

I think he had quite a busy end of 2019. He moved into a new shop. He is improving in his products.I think the end result will be amazing.

I could not wait longer. I end up getting a TruckVault instead.
Last I checked TruckVault they were about 3 to 4 times more expensive. Wouldn't Dobinson be the next best options, price wise?

Last I checked TruckVault they were about 3 to 4 times more expensive. Wouldn't Dobinson be the next best options, price wise?

I found one in their clearance section for half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom