Kick-down cable removal and replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
Has anyone done this without removing the transmission?

Last edited:
I can let you know- drained my truck last night to let it drip. I’m going to change the kickdown cable tonight- there is lots of speculation it seems about how to go about it. I plan on dropping pan and maybe valve body.

Please post up photos of the process. While the cable it out could you measure
it's length?

I can let you know- drained my truck last night to let it drip. I’m going to change the kickdown cable tonight- there is lots of speculation it seems about how to go about it. I plan on dropping pan and maybe valve body.
Did you get a new, or used, replacement?

Did you get a new, or used, replacement?
New cable from Toyota. I’m a day late and just starting into it, but I’m back at it tonight! So far I think I can cheat and leave valve body in place. I removed shift console to get at the c-clip- going to fight with that now, check back in an hour lol
image.jpg

Please post up photos of the process. While the cable it out could you measure
it's length?

I’m midway now, old cable out and new about to go in. Old cable measured at 1270mm and new @ 1265mm (best I could measure anyways)
image.jpg

Note:

35520-60111 is for an A442F transmission. Does not apply to 95-97 US market trucks.

I replaced mine on my ‘94 by just dropping the pan. You can disconnect the cable and pull it out without touching the valve body.
The hardest part was the one bolt on the bellhoising that holds the cable.

Yeah, missed the fact that BelnanDiesel appears to be working on an 80 series
with the A442 transmission.

Note:

35520-60111 is for an A442F transmission. Does not apply to 95-97 US market trucks.
@White Sheep installed this cable on his 97 Cruiser. This kickdown cable is still available and quite cheap. I've considered doing the same since my cable is stretched and requires more foot than I would like to get it to kickdown.

@White Sheep installed this cable on his 97 Cruiser. This kickdown cable is still available and quite cheap. I've considered doing the same since my cable is stretched and requires more foot than I would like to get it to kickdown.

Please expand on the install process. This is valuable information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom