Key issues. Screwed by Lexus dealer of is this legit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With my 99 my driver door actuator would flake out when attempting to program and I would actuate the lock manually and it worked.

Reactions: jLB

You must program the immobilizer prior to programming the FOB.

‘’When programming the FOB, i.e., the door unlock functions, it is preferred to manually cycle the driver’s door lock rather than pushing the electric lock and unlock function on the door controller. This saves from cycling the electric locks many times.
simply move the door lock manually from lock to unlock, without using the electric actuator button.

Works famously.

Give it a try… i believe it’ll work for you as well.

You must program the immobilizer prior to programming the FOB.

‘’When programming the FOB, i.e., the door unlock functions, it is preferred to manually cycle the driver’s door lock rather than pushing the electric lock and unlock function on the door controller. This saves from cycling the electric locks many times.
simply move the door lock manually from lock to unlock, without using the electric actuator button.

Works famously.

Give it a try… i believe it’ll work for you as well.

Thanks for the tips!

The immobilizer should (?) be programmed as the new key is recognized as a master key. The Lexus dealer did do that bit through techstream.

When I've been trying to program this key, I've been manually cycling the drivers door lock. However, once it gets to the point where you turn the ignition to on and then off and remove the key, they locks will cycle once automatically (entering programming mode?)

The issue I'm running into is that every time I push lock / unlock on the key and then push and hold the lock button for a second or two, all locks cycle .... and it's a bit hard to tell since the drivers lock is so weak, but I believe they are cycling twice .... which indicates programming failed.

Keep the tips coming though, this is super helpful as I try and figure out my options (or things I haven't tried)

You’re doing this?

Maybe a dumb question, but the instructions here say
  1. Use the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 (five) lock/unlock cycles starting with lock.
I've been starting the process with the drivers door open and unlocked, and all other doors closed and locked. So....when it says "starting with lock", does that mean the drivers door should be open and locked BEFORE I start cycling .... or unlocked before I start cycling?

If it's supposed to be locked ... that could be my issue. Guess I'll have to give that a try....

When my son destroyed my last good key for the LX, I purchased two new OEM keys from a reputable online Toyota dealer.

$155 each, delivered. And I followed the programming instructions from RobRed@tlc.com.

I found that during programming the key fob, I encountered the failed programming mode as well… But I discovered that it was because I was trying to program all keys while in programming mode. Found that I had to program each key individually and exit programming mode before moving on to programming the next key.

I paid a local independent locksmith to cut the keys… $40 for two keys for cutting services.

What year is your LC/LX?

Here is another well of information…

Battled for days programming a new key for my LX99 until it clicked that there are 2 separate hokey pokey dances … 1 for the security (immobilizer) functionality and another for the remote unlocking of the door … good luck

True… you must program the RFID chip in the key ( immobilizer) prior to programming the door unlocker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom