June ROTM - 6/20 Pyeatt Draw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE: Meeting spot for Saturday morning departure would either be the Ba'ja by Ft. McDowell/HWY 87 about 08:00 or the Maverik Fill 'er up in Payson about 09:30.

The main meet point is the Maverik Gas Station, 715 N Beeline Highway in Payson, on the southeast corner of Beeline HWY 87 and Forest Dr in North Payson. Pullout time 9:30 am. If some want to meet and caravan from Baja, it’s about 60 miles, so plan accordingly.

Will also be monitoring HAM radio frequency 146.46.

It will likely be warm, so bring plenty to drink.

1102_4wd_16%2bpyeatt_draw_trail%2belevation_map.jpg

More details to come... If you have done this route before and would like to commit to helping co-run it, that would be great!

Not currently planning on camping but I hear that is an option. I could be persuaded though...

Last edited:
From the Maverick Gas Station in Payson to the trail head MAP LINK

This is a great trail mainly because you can make it as difficult as you want. A simple dirt road parallels the trail (check out the satellite option on the linked map) giving you the option to jump in and out of the trail if wanted. Every challenge has several lines so you can step up or step down at any time.

I have run this to the waterfall in our 100 series so dont be shy and put some challenge in your game.

If you are feeling all that in the end the trail an option waterfall will not disappoint you.

Pyeatt draw '09 033.jpg

I dont know of an 80 series ever making the waterfall. Maybe you this year:idea:

80 attempting it

Pyeatt '08 016.jpg

100 series on the trail leading the pack

Pyeatt draw '09 009.jpg

Last edited:
And no its not gnarly, Phil's pictures show the 1% alternate at the end which no one goes on except the rare thrill seeker. This is a great riverbottom trail that I love going on and is fine for Landcrusiers with at least a mild lift. It is not too rocky with many long continuous sections with steps here and there.

There are alternate routes along the trail for fun challenges; also the main dirt road runs parallel to the river bottom so anyone could jump in/out at anytime. One of may favorites: family firendly, camping, great trail, and telling lies around the campfire

It is in the pine tree high country where the air is fresh and cool. I suggest camping in one of the great large forested camping area since it is up in the Payson area (but not necessary).

Again, I will not be able to attend this run :bang: Ill be out of country.

some pics from past CSC runs

payette.jpg
payettelineup.jpg

payette-group-jpg.328748

IMG_3557.jpg

I have managed to levitate a Blazer on that trail :hillbilly:

This is a great trail mainly because you can make it as difficult as you want. A simple dirt road parallels the trail (check out the satellite option on the linked map) giving you the option to jump in and out of the trail if wanted. Every challenge has several lines so you can step up or step down at any time.

I have run this to the waterfall in our 100 series so dont be shy and put some challenge in your game.

If you are feeling all that in the end the trail an option waterfall will not disappoint you.

View attachment 1086797

I dont know of an 80 series ever making the waterfall. Maybe you this year:idea:

80 attempting it

View attachment 1086798

View attachment 1086799

Cary made up on a whench. He did take some damage.

This is a good place to modify LCAs and rear drive shafts.

I don't know if the Trail Team website is still up. If so, there's some good video of a small group of us screwing around on there. I do remember Robbie putting an FJ in some pretty hairy spots. There's also the infamous video where the cameraman made the grievous error of asking us to drive past him very fast and very close.:slap:

What I've seen of the trail it is very nice, as previously mentioned, but last time I took my cruiser on it I shredded 2 tires in less than 15 minutes...before any obstacles. Thankfully a Taco with us was kind enough to let me borrow his spare and go to town for new tires; but that took the rest of my day :(

View attachment 1086797

80 attempting it

View attachment 1086798

View attachment 1086799

Phil these photos make me nervous! I think I'll stick to the simple dirt road at least until I get a lift and bigger tires ;)

And no its not gnarly, Phil's pictures show the 1% alternate at the end which no one goes on except the rare thrill seeker. This is a great riverbottom trail that I love going on and is fine for Landcrusiers with at least a mild lift. It is not too rocky with many long continuous sections with steps here and there.

There are alternate routes along the trail for fun challenges; also the main dirt road runs parallel to the river bottom so anyone could jump in/out at anytime. One of may favorites: family firendly, camping, great trail, and telling lies around the campfire

It is in the pine tree high country where the air is fresh and cool. I suggest camping in one of the great large forested camping area since it is up in the Payson area (but not necessary).

Again, I will not be able to attend this run :bang: Ill be out of country.

some pics from past CSC runs

View attachment 1086817 View attachment 1086819

payette-group-jpg.328748

IMG_3557.jpg

Thanks Murph, your post makes me feel a little better about this run :princess::rainbow:

Typical of any run thread. Wheres the excitement of a picture of a truck sitting on a level surface!?

I will say that fiRst picture is one of my favorites ROTM pics of all time...

Last edited:
I will most likely make this run. My lo-pro mall cruiser has about 3/8" of material left on the hitch, so I should be fine. :)

If I'm in town, I'm in!

At this point, Tina & I are in, no kids.

Hey Phil, where have you been hiding all the cool wheeling pics? The one of my 4Runner balanced on the rock and the '40 at the Payette waterfall... nice!

And... damn. I'll be in Flagstaff that weekend shopping for antique rusty stuff to repurpose and possible sell. Lamps made from barn pulleys, etc. Have fun!

Hey Phil, where have you been hiding all the cool wheeling pics? The one of my 4Runner balanced on the rock and the '40 at the Payette waterfall... nice!

And... damn. I'll be in Flagstaff that weekend shopping for antique rusty stuff to repurpose and possible sell. Lamps made from barn pulleys, etc. Have fun!
Pyeatt '08 007.jpg
AZrockmark.jpg

Hey Phil, where have you been hiding all the cool wheeling pics? The one of my 4Runner balanced on the rock!

Jez, do you plan on getting that thing stuck every time out or do you just turn into a klutz when you drive it?

Hey, I thought several people in that picture above have stated there is no need for a hi lift Jack. That looks like John at the handle. Cool pic.

lol

great pic Marc

pyeatt-08-007-jpg.1088062

I'm trying to schedule to make this trip. In the past many camped over night to start the trail early. Some drove up from phx the day of the trail. I know it's still early but if we do sat morning roughly about what time will the run start?

Hey, I thought several people in that picture above have stated there is no need for a hi lift Jack. That looks like John at the handle. Cool pic.

Those pix look just like the ones Tools shot that day. And yes , that is me working on the high lift. I still carry one one my rig. I have actually used it twice this year, so far. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom