Join’d the dark side: 80 series owner buys 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I’ve owned a 2001 100series for 12 hours now. Bought not running towed in him this afternoon. 247k little rust but it’s the Midwest you can’t run from it. Zero history.

Previous owner was moving back home overseas and was power washing lower engine to clean it up when It quit running.

2 weeks go by just can’t find the issue and needs to sell. I pulled it home and started with plugs and coil dielectric plugs and bodies (every coil cylinder is cracked down the side. Probably should vary some spares. Replacing them all would add significant cost to what I have in this thing.

Started tracing wiring issues after the kids went to bed and got it running after about 5 hours. The previous owner did a timing belt and didn’t get wiring clips unhooked well. Most are broken. While pressure washing the crank position sensor wiring got into the pulleys severing the signal. No check engine codes.

That seems odd. If it’s not communicating with a sensor that are not allowing for it to send spark signals why would it not throw a code?

A lot of pm with hard hoses and unknown history in my future. Need to call insurance tomorrow and get legal and drive it for my initial impression. Should be a very different experience to my 80 Cummins swapped daily.

A future switch the daily status????

5717EBE1-2181-440E-8FD6-29A59C3E3F53.jpeg

0704ACBF-7AC1-4410-8F25-315331664285.jpeg

E600F05C-D8C8-42AA-AB25-E54A47BBFE3C.jpeg

Last edited:
You never know it could end up SAS is that better?
I encouraged your copy paste post in the 100 forum. But here? No

1) Dont blame you for buyig a 100 - I love them and want one... i addition to my 80 but not instead of. But I currently have a 4.7L Sequoia, so don't have to have another V8.

2) This thread is irrelevant to the 80 forum, get yourself started with relationships in the 100 section.

Yourrrrr out!

Timing "BELT" ???????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom