Events/Trails Jemez Mountains Clean Up, Nov 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sounds about right. I am about an hour from the breakfast.

Sure if you want to come up early we can try to recover the Explorer first. Then focus everyone on the F150 when more people arrive. What time do you think you will come up?

Since I have the only car trailer so far for the clean up it would be good to get one vehicle early if you are up for it.

I plan on going to the breakfast. How do you suggest we meet up?

I proposed meeting at 11:00 at my place or as soon as you can get there. I will make sure to be at home at 11:00 to meet everyone.

My address is listed a few posts back.

I propose we try to meet at my place by 11:00, conduct a briefing, divide our resources, and assign tasks then try to head out to the vehicles by 12:00. My address is 790 Sulphur Creek Rd, Jemez Springs 87025.

Got it.

Google says its right at 2 hours from my place to yours. I could probably get there around 7:30 or 8:00 if that will work.

Google says its right at 2 hours from my place to yours. I could probably get there around 7:30 or 8:00 if that will work.

That will work great, we can problem get the first vehicle done by the time the rest of the group arrives.

I’ve got 3 come alongs, a snatch block, couple of cables, a chain, and a short tow strap I’ll bring.

It's last minute, but I think I can be there. I'll try to hit the road early and be there the same time. I'll bring 2 handheld radios. Was thinking maybe the expanding spray foam could work in bullet-riddled tires, but probably takes too long to dry with minimal air exposure and low temps. I'll bring some hand tools, strap, and come-along. Could make a sled from the hood if needed.

I'll bring a come A long, chains, extra straps (not stretchy kind) and my favorite tool, a large crowbar. Works well for vehicle extractions and for zombie apocalypse 🤣. Isabelle and I'll hit the breakfast first then head over to Dennis.

Dennis -Isabelle may just move into your house since you have dogs :rofl:. I don't think she has met them before but warn your wife.

Thanks again to everyone that helped with the clean up. I had a great time and we accomplished what we planned to do. Everything went pretty smooth. It doesn't get much better.

There were a bunch of pictures taken please post up and share what you captured. I will post up some as well.

This is our bounty today. Junk removed from the Jemez.

20191102_180436.jpg

That was certainly fun, and way too easy. We need a challenge, and I think the Mazda will do it.

For those who were not there. The Ford F150 was stupid easy. Virgil had the tools, tires, and mad skills. One tire on the truck held air (no bullet holes!). The other three Virgil swapped out. Instead of dragging this truck out, we rolled it out with Dennis on the wheel and Isabelle shotgun. Ali was the pull. I was the brake. Easy peesy.

20191102_143156-sm.jpg

Folks,

This was a GREAT outing. It felt good doing something worthwhile while enjoying the great outdoors. Thank you all, especially Dennis, for organizing this outing and working out the logistics.

Those of you who wishes to learn about recovery, winch rope rigging, safety, etc, these are the kinds of events you should be signing up for. The third vehicle will require us to utilize all of our technique and probably couple of winches along with all kinds of geometrical pulls. After scoping out the third vehicle, which is a Mazda, a campout next year over spring was discussed. The Mazda will take a better part of a day to recover. It appeared as thought the poor car took a Dukes of Hazard leap over a boulder and landed against a tree, thereby, totally destroying the front pass drivetrain/steering. As you can see from the pic below, there's a large boulder direcdtly behind it and you're at a steep angle, on top of everything.

If it weren't for Virgil and all of his medieval torture tools, we would still be there trying to separate the tire from the rims ;) Breaking tires from rims, then installing new tires is a metric ton of work that me made look rather easy. The green Ford truck needed all old tires to be swapped out which meant jacking up the truck, removing each wheel, then Virgil went to town with his tools and skills.

When the zombie apocalypse hits, I'm heading to Virgil's house cause he's got guns, tools and hooch :rofl:

Good job everyone for pulling this off safely and efficiently :bounce:

Mazda

Mazda.jpg

That Mazda is going to be fun. Looking at pictures is one thing, but I am glad we went out to look at the mess. This car is quite a way down a rocky, fairly steep hill.

If everybody works together on the Mazda recovery as good as we did yesterday it ain't gonna be a problem at all.

I'm game to do more of this kind of thing. I had a great time. Maybe we can do a couple of these a year.

More pics

both vehicles at dump.jpg

breaking bead.jpg

explorer.jpg

Isabelle inside the truck.jpg

Isabelle selfie.jpg

When the zombie apocalypse hits, I'm heading to Virgil's house cause he's got guns, tools and hooch :rofl:

I think if we all rendezvous at Virgil's with what ever "supplies" we have we should be able to handle an onslaught of zombies.

I'm looking forward to the Mazda. Yesterday was too easy. The Mazda will put our skills, and equipment, to the test.

The explorer was so easy we almost missed the opportunity for pictures. With just a few hands we made quick work of it.

20191102_092234.jpg

20191102_092234.jpg

20191102_092234.jpg

20191102_093717.jpg

20191102_104317.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom