Builds “It’s only a motor swap and an axle swap” FJ55, 2UZ, 5 speed, 80 axle build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished reading this thread! Loved it. Just bought my 55 on 11/24, two days after your last post.

Sold my 100 series to my 17 year old and upgraded my daily driver to the 1973 FJ55. Looking at possible swaps, and this one is my favorite I’ve seen thus far.

View attachment 2512806

this set up is really really really fun to drive

Sorry about the passing of your father in law. I'm sure getting outside helps a little. Cruiser looks great. Looks like it's going to need some serious quarter panel protection, that is a clean 55 body.

Thank you.

it’s on the list!

I just delivered my ‘69 to 2,080 miles to Montana. Between that and this Pig, I’ve put 5-6,000 miles on pigs in 3ish months. Have to take a little break and ride in something that the doors close all the way and you can still talk at 80mph ;)

450C5BAB-3708-4C06-969E-244E0022F66B.jpeg

DC9D390E-0D91-44DD-A3F3-E07F35497E73.jpeg

160CFCEC-87D3-42C0-A9EE-DB2E00F8B84D.jpeg

01A31914-0D66-474F-9D94-6D0AA7C6A75C.jpeg

1524EE98-F246-4B89-BD0E-82FD990E3411.jpeg

Last edited:
You don’t happen to still have the passenger side front door panel from the LX470 do you? Was the passenger front fender smashed up?

wicked cool build, just saw the link in the Facebook group.

You don’t happen to still have the passenger side front door panel from the LX470 do you? Was the passenger front fender smashed up?

wicked cool build, just saw the link in the Facebook group.

I don’t have any parts left. Sold or scrapped or busted when I got it.

Thanks for reading all the chit chat!

I don’t have any parts left. Sold or scrapped or busted when I got it.

Thanks for reading all the chit chat!

That’s a heck of a build - while timing belts in offroad driven vehicles annoy me, that 55 & doing 80 axles sure make for a nice project.

And frankly the 2UZ would prob be my route too, bang/buck TQ & not going to a Chebbie swap / bastard.

I like LS motors, but Cheb swaps are so cliche’ unless you really do some crazy clean install on a flagship LS motor.
But that’s me.

Anyhow, mucho respect & envy on your real Pig.

Almost Pig 2.0 - ???

It's been a lot of fun following along as you built the most awesome PIG and even better to see you enjoy the fruits of your labor with your Kids.

Party on, great build!!!!!!!!!!!

Twins...

2uz fj55.JPG

WHY????:eek: I ask because it seems like an awesome rig. Was there anything about it that didn't perform the way you hoped?

If I was interested in a FJ55 I would want this one. GLWS!

Edit: Sorry the sale add is not yours but a very similar build.

I saw that on BAT as well and thought it was a twin.

Twins...

View attachment 2562422

WHY????:eek: I ask because it seems like an awesome rig. Was there anything about it that didn't perform the way you hoped?

If I was interested in a FJ55 I would want this one. GLWS!

Edit: Sorry the sale add is not yours but a very similar build.

I saw that on BAT as well and thought it was a twin.

Deo’s rig 100% inspired mine! He’s a friend and I lusted over his rig except I really wanted a 5 speed. Mine would not exist if not for his.

I wish mine wasn’t blue so they could be brothers but not twins :D

Last edited:
It has actually made me really bummed he’s selling. I went and put about 75miles on mine today just to remember how awesome it is.

It’s really awesome too! I love rowing through the gears and giving Heeps a wave while the drivers girlfriends check me out :D

True story, at a gas station, a kid in a TJ on 33”s gave me a thumbs up while walking by. His GF said to me “he said yours is a real 4WD and wants it” :D :D

Here is his build thread

It has actually made me really bummed he’s selling. I went and put about 75miles on mine today just to remember how awesome it is.

It’s really awesome too! I love rowing through the gears and giving Heeps a wave while the drivers girlfriends check me out :D

True story, at a gas station, a kid in a TJ on 33”s gave me a thumbs up while walking by. His GF said to me “he said yours is a real 4WD and wants it” :D :D

I gave it a “haha” - for the story, but I get you on bummed your inspiration rig is on BAT.

I say that knowing I’ll be on BAT for a E30M3 in future times.......and I hate every moment knowing it, but it’ll fund my dream property.

But it’s still a dark day when you start the BAT procedure yourself - so I hope everyone is cool by the guy who listed, life is what life is, we can’t all curate vehicles but some talented few can build more like the inspiration rig.

Both are cool rigs, will be interesting but sad to see what some banker/day trader type buys & at what $$$.

I hope they were passionate / not just a decoration for their sno—cabin in Vail or similar snow villla.

I gave it a “haha” - for the story, but I get you on bummed your inspiration rig is on BAT.

I say that knowing I’ll be on BAT for a E30M3 in future times.......and I hate every moment knowing it, but it’ll fund my dream property.

But it’s still a dark day when you start the BAT procedure yourself - so I hope everyone is cool by the guy who listed, life is what life is, we can’t all curate vehicles but some talented few can build more like the inspiration rig.

Both are cool rigs, will be interesting but sad to see what some banker/day trader type buys & at what $$$.

I hope they were passionate / not just a decoration for their sno—cabin in Vail or similar snow villla.

Deo has something else up his sleeve 100% chance. He’s put over 30k miles on that rig. Craziness. Road Warrior.

I think/hope it goes in the 40s.

Like you said, hope a Toyoda nerd who really appreciates the drivetrain will get it and drive like it’s meant to be.

I think/hope it goes in the 40s.
It's at 30 with 4 days to go, with the majority of the bidding surely to come in the final hours. I think you're going to see 40+

Took a hiatus from wheeling to do other cool things. Come back and there are soo many awesome build threads going on. This pig is awesome!

Just wanted to piggyback what you were saying. I have a manual swapped 1uz car and it is just so much fun to drive. Manually shifting a UZ motor. You feel like you are in an exclusive club. Haha.

Great build!

@yOHda Thanks! I want to put a 5 speed in a CC 1st gen :) :) this truck is 1,500lb lighter than a 100 series, gives it a lot of pep too

@merbesfield ha! I’m just some old dummy. I’ve had a bunch of rock crawlers over the years and being poor, had to fix myself. Slowly collect tools and “skills”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom