Is this a real Denso compressor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordered from Amazon, came in the correct box and has instructions, but the unit itself is whitewashed and the connectors are covered in a silver-ish paint? Is this all a factory coating for some reason or counterfeit? Has a Denso sticker but that’s not too reassuring.

0D171C28-4B5D-43FE-B2C8-C42C788D523B.jpeg

E8BE95C1-EF95-4380-9DCB-0AEA7788C1D4.jpeg

F50F218A-306B-4CBB-A232-6B9D337E4B0E.jpeg

ED69F7D9-E6F2-4199-B7C3-DCDF34194908.jpeg

9350B958-F4F3-4074-B596-6F452A5D03B8.jpeg

Whether it is or is not, Amazon is great with complaints (especially about potential "not as pictured" products).

Box and paper work look authentic; part looks tired.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seems to me, somebody did the ol' switcheroo. As in, they bought a Denso compressor, and shipped back their old one for a refund... after spray-painting it and transferring the stickers over to it. Having personally installed a Denso compressor not a year ago, it came with a port cover/plate on top to keep oil from coming out during shipping. The plate with the inlet/outlet bolted to the top doesn't come with it, you reuse your own. You've been had, my friend.

I too installed a Denso about a year ago. Shipped the same way with a cover plate and oil in it.

What is the part number, if DENSO 4711166, should be brand new, at least the clutch looks used. Should look like this.
91%2BKiWMolzL._SX425_.jpg

9e49c00a-b2f0-48f7-86d4-9d7090bc79aa_1.b994b6d4290eb4d8966f684ff3212dce.jpeg

Oh Hell NO...!

That is NOT a new or even reconditioned part. You shouldn't even have a question about that. Send it back.

I remember ordering a Denso compressor, received two Chinese compressors from the vendor and then finally the compressor that I initially ordered... Should have a metal plate with the manufacturer's information on it? Either the vendor did a switcharoo or a previous customer did...

I think that someone gave it a rattle can rebuild and sent it back in the box, could take a chance on it but I wouldn't trust it

Thanks all, suspected it was swapped out or fake. The order was fulfilled by Amazon versus a 3rd party, so that’s disappointing. So I’m sending it back to Amazon and have a replacement coming.

Thanks all, suspected it was swapped out or fake. The order was fulfilled by Amazon versus a 3rd party, so that’s disappointing. So I’m sending it back to Amazon and have a replacement coming.

Make sure they are aware of the reason you are sending it back...so they don't think YOU are the one pulling a switch-er-rooo!

Make sure they are aware of the reason you are sending it back...so they don't think YOU are the one pulling a switch-er-rooo!
What a world we live in... but yeah, I guess we have to note that sort of stuff now. Sigh.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else, that looks nothing like the actual Denso compressors that people are buying. I got mine from RockAuto and I am pretty sure it was cheaper than Amazon. I would price shop that again if you haven't already pulled the trigger.

Lots of folks try the old SWAPEROO with Amazon. A lot of the Return Handlers have no idea of what they are looking at when products come back in. I think Amazon let's it slide so they dont get a bunch of bad P R about being a hard ass. My daughter worked in corporate level Amazon for a while. Their logic can be.............confusing.

Bought a new Denso compressor, Made in Japan, for $180 from Rock-Auto,
with shipping it was about same price as Amazon Prime. It looks like the photos posted by Tools above.

Some years ago I ordered some expensive additive ( forget now what it was) but it also had been returned; the original purchaser used the additive, filled
the bottle back up with engine oil and sent it back, then it was shipped back out to me. Criminal minds at work.

Who was the guy on here that everyone used to buy from? In Arizona, I think.

Awesome to work with, advice, and customer service, prices too.

Anyone know?

Who was the guy on here that everyone used to buy from? In Arizona, I think.

Awesome to work with, advice, and customer service, prices too.

Anyone know?

Rex no longer works at Coolstream, so....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom