Is these OME bushings are too worn (1 Viewer)

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Last weekend, I had free time and 8 energy suspension poly bushing lying around. Without difficulty and 30 minutes later, I replace all the bushings of my rear shackles.

After cleaning up my old OME bushings, I wondered if they were, in fact, still quite good and reusable. They are not «dry» and as «soft» as a poly bushing can be.

It won't be very complicated to reinstall them but are they still good to believe that, even used, they a better alternative to my brand new Energy suspension poly bushings? Your opinion ?

63433864-B069-41EC-A4FE-3D1F47993811.jpeg
2054B604-76BD-47B7-BDCB-9C2909E8F09D.jpeg

Last edited:

Seth S

SILVER Star
I’d just do new ones. Unless bushings cost a lot more than I remember. Nothing worse than doing all the work to realize you need to do it all again.

OME bushings get brittle, for lack of a better word. Depending on how old, replace them.
I was doing the same thing when I realized all these old bushings were not going to last.
Think how many years it’s gonna be before you decide to go see again?
Go new.

Seth S

SILVER Star
I did not consider brittleness. Are ARB bushings not straight polyethylene? Poly is quite stable, except for eventual sun exposure issues.

Poly is quite stable in a neutral environment. But I've found that poly bushings in other cars wear out after a couple of years of use and degrade where the original factory rubber bushings last for decades without much wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom