Is the Earth flat? What about a FJ45 roof? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
All joking aside, this seems like it should be an easy question... I am repairing a FJ45 roof that was really beat up, and the piece that mounts to the windshield was off, thus no structure, so I am trying to beat this thing straight and the question came up if it is really stratight or bowed?

To be clear, I am talking about the rain gutter section. Is this straight across or bowed? I have looked at a ton of pics; however, none are really straight on at that level, and even then, it appears there may be a little bit of a bow to it....

1678744519495.png

1678744363183.png
1678744583026.png

My top is wrapped up in the garage. Haven’t gotten that far in the resto. But it’s been blasted, primed and painted. I’ll take a couple of photos and post Tomorrow. 😉

If it is bowed...... can I ask you to put a straightedge across their top and give me a dimension of how much bow, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
@2fpower

There is definetly an upward bow in the front rain gutter on early 45s. I’ve got one here at the shop I can pull a measurement off.

Don’t have a head on picture but you can see it somewhat hear.

FF1B9C3A-5901-491F-B5CC-E642792BBC1E.jpeg

EE9CE3D4-A0DF-4451-A054-F9659EFDE4E8.jpeg

It is so hard to tell from pictures as the front of the roof if you looked at it from directly above, is curved forward as well, so any picture from lower than straight on, will show that bow as well.

Currently if I run a string from side to side, I have about 1/2 to 3/4 of bow upward in the middle.

The structure piece that connects to the windshield is removed currently, so I don't want to weld it in until I have this nailed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom