Is anybody still interested in a center console? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright guys, installing the center console and since I've got the lx450 it looks like I have to take off the raised bracket with the two bolts. Is this how we're supposed to do it? With it on the console is about 7 inches off the floor board. Naively worried that there aren't enough strong points to hold this thing down.

Edit: removed the bracket and the center console isn't fitting over the base plate of the vehicle, leaving a gap indeterminate itself and the floor board.
There are bolts and screws there

20210902_181409.jpg

20210902_181515.jpg

20210902_181616.jpg

For anyone that has an LX with the sub and cd changer. Remove everything including the metal base plate. You're also going to have to cut the lines that powered the sub as there is no where to stuff it in order for the console to fit. You're also going to have to take apart the group of wires from the shifter console that are taped together so that you can lay all of those wires flat. And lastly, I had to remove 1 of the 5 washers provided in order to line up the center console with the delta shifter console.
20210903_120015~2.jpg

How did you adjust it? After offroading my console is rattling like crazy over every single bump in road
The stainless latch plate inside is held on by four bolts (around logo). The holes those bolts go through are slotted, loosen them up slightly and you can move the plate up and down, move it down so it catches with a little more tension.

The stainless latch plate inside is held on by four bolts (around logo). The holes those bolts go through are slotted, loosen them up slightly and you can move the plate up and down, move it down so it catches with a little more tension.
Ah. That makes sense. Thanks for helping out.

For anyone that has an LX with the sub and cd changer. Remove everything including the metal base plate. You're also going to have to cut the lines that powered the sub as there is no where to stuff it in order for the console to fit. You're also going to have to take apart the group of wires from the shifter console that are taped together so that you can lay all of those wires flat. And lastly, I had to remove 1 of the 5 washers provided in order to line up the center console with the delta shifter console.View attachment 2776721
Quick Question, I haven't purchased the LC console yet but am looking. Do you also have to cut of that bracket on the right side of the picture or does it stay?

Quick Question, I haven't purchased the LC console yet but am looking. Do you also have to cut of that bracket on the right side of the picture or does it stay?
You're asking about this one? Does not need to be removed (that is what it mounts to actually). The LX simply requires unbolting of more parts, due to the subwoofer (and maybe cd changer??) install from the factory. Have heard from one customer they were actually MISSING the part in the red circle, due to fridge (was HDJ81), but have heard from other customers with OEM fridge they had that piece welded in place.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 12.21.46 PM.png

Hey Dave, have yall thought about creating a divider for these consoles? Like this? If not, I think it would be an awesome idea to keep things organized with how much space we have now.
Screenshot_20211015-093820_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hey Dave, have yall thought about creating a divider for these consoles? Like this? If not, I think it would be an awesome idea to keep things organized with how much space we have now. View attachment 2813007
Have definitely thought about dividers/shelves, but it’s currently on back burner. Been super busy getting a bunch of bigger stuff ready to sell (rack, sliders, universal console mount, few other things).

@Delta VS got any details on this modular cubby accessory I see on the site?
It’s just a version of the cubby on the front of the console (where the double cup holders goes) that can be bolted on the back, at any height back there. That make sense?

Hey Dave, have yall thought about creating a divider for these consoles? Like this? If not, I think it would be an awesome idea to keep things organized with how much space we have now.

something like that would be super helpful! i have this HUGE cavern and haven't come up with any organization system. granted i have spend about 30 seconds thinking about it.

anyone rig up something clever with off the shelf parts?

something like that would be super helpful! i have this HUGE cavern and haven't come up with any organization system. granted i have spend about 30 seconds thinking about it.

anyone rig up something clever with off the shelf parts?
Just got mine, so planning more in the future, but my quicky solution was:
- Marine carpet lining the bottom
- Cut up some "Bucket Boss" five gallon bucket organizers and attached various panels to inside perimeter using 2" heavy duty Velcro
- Blackhawk pen organizer to underside of lid with Velcro
- Home-made kydex sleeve for fire extinguisher and flashlight holder attached to outside

20211110_103423.jpg

20211110_103632.jpg

20211110_104513.jpg

Just got mine, so planning more in the future, but my quicky solution was:
- Marine carpet lining the bottom
- Cut up some "Bucket Boss" five gallon bucket organizers and attached various panels to inside perimeter using 2" heavy duty Velcro
- Blackhawk pen organizer to underside of lid with Velcro
- Home-made kydex sleeve for fire extinguisher and flashlight holder attached to outside

View attachment 2835435

View attachment 2835436

View attachment 2835437
Very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom