Scheel-mann seat install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
deltavs.com
Welp, since we recently became Scheel-mann USA dealers, had to get one in the shop and do a test fit with our center console. The install is now finished.

The seat is a Vario F, w/ heat, rear netting, arm rest, and sliding rails, all mounted to a Planted bracket (got setup as dealers for them as well) part number COBRA-SB263DR.

Quite happy with the result. The arm rest fits well with our center console, which is great news. Decided to use a Toyota seat heater switch (many thanks to @trk204 for the switch diagram) instead of the provided little round switch that came with the kit (shifter console has spots for OEM switches, would have to drill a new hole to use the included switch). By doing this, am losing the ability to have 2 temp settings, but that can be easily added later on down the road, just by adding another switch. Don't foresee needing to do this though.

The amount of legroom these seats can provide is pretty terrible for anybody sitting in the back seat, but great for the driver! Tried getting good pics of the seat all the way forward (almost, it was hitting shifter console in these pics, but that shouldn't matter for anybody old enough to drive) and back so you can see the difference.

Was nice to clean up the stock harness a little bit too, with some of the PET slip-over wire protector stuff, and the nice fabric, OEM style, electrical tape. Also glad I cleaned up all the wiring under the center console the other day, made popping it up to hide the wires under the carpet from one seat to the other very easy.

Looks like can only add two "media" links, so one album that you can scroll through will work. They all have small description below the photo.

Last edited:
Are the rear nets bolt on? If so, any thought to making a bolt on Delta plate like on the back of your center console for attaching stuff?
Haha, already on it!

So....ummm...uhhem...pics of the seats and console???

Is the gallery not visible to you? Should be able to scroll through about 25 pics under that wall of text in the top post.

I need to see this work of art you speak of. :cheers:

I need to see this work of art you speak of. :cheers:
It’s kind of transparent, but that little arrow will scroll your through a bunch of pics.
584391E4-6EE5-4F4A-A01F-321348B8B615.jpeg

Copy that, very nice!

Is the gallery not visible to you? Should be able to scroll through about 25 pics under that wall of text in the top post.
First I've seen that type of linked photo roll on Mud... seats and console look great!

I picked up these switches and am hoping to get them to work instead of the little round ones that came with my Scheel-mann seats. I need to finish the carpet install first though, so likely will be a few weeks before i can tackle that project.

I'm still grappling with whether to use the Sheel-Mann switches or something similar to your install. If the supplied switches didn't need a 20mm bit to install they'd already be in ... Not stoked on the idea of having to file a keyway after drilling the hole to stop rotation either. Sounds like a pain.

They aren’t going to fit nicely in 80 Series switch cutouts though, are they?
If they do fit nicely, I'll need a part number :cool:

They aren’t going to fit nicely in 80 Series switch cutouts though, are they?

I don't know for sure, but they're at least similar.

Here's a pic from my 100. Please ignore how incredibly dirty it is. :oops:

Switches.jpg

Last edited:
If they do fit nicely, I'll need a part number :cool:
A Lexus car part number for hi/lo seat heater switch (don’t know if it’s hi/lo/off??) is 8475133021. Have not verified fit or function, somebody posted that number on Facebook. @NLXTACY has some that are like the rear heater switch but for seat heaters.

If not it looks like JDM carries a switch. Wit’s also has a link on there and carries them so I’m sure he will confirm.
i think that LX part number is listed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom