Is anybody still interested in a center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love my center console. I don't love the rattles it makes from the lid latch though. Anybody else experiencing the same? I've tried pieces of SeaDek on all four corners where the lid closes on top of the box. Any Ideas? Thanks!

I love my center console. I don't love the rattles it makes from the lid latch though. Anybody else experiencing the same? I've tried pieces of SeaDek on all four corners where the lid closes on top of the box. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Have you adjusted the catch plate?

LHD manual console you say? I'm sure it will never happen. :D

View attachment 2666240

never gonna happen

Since so much of this thread is about wiring, I’ll show the disconnect in the DVS center console that holds the power to everything in the rear quarter panel of the truck.

Everything is sleeved and grommets used at all pass through points.

E2A655E9-FF54-4E11-BC5A-B8DC4C724F22.png

7DF8633C-BEB4-4150-85FE-2399999A7496.png

16EF807E-9EC3-48FB-9037-6E9B40F0DA6C.png

Customer (@CaptBeardilocks) sent over these incredibly nice photos of their LHD manual shifter console install.

NJS_4101.jpeg
NJS_4109.jpeg
NJS_4113.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s going on in the radio hole?
Maybe he doesn't need tunes to drive around. Perhaps he did a 1HDT conversion and listens to the sweet sounds of diesel???

Guessing that's the answer since he obviously obtained an H150 or H151F Trans and has it installed. Engine and drivetrain upgrade....

Maybe he doesn't need tunes to drive around. Perhaps he did a 1HDT conversion and listens to the sweet sounds of diesel???

Guessing that's the answer since he obviously obtained an H150 or H151F Trans and has it installed. Engine and drivetrain upgrade....
I’ve done a 1HD-FTE conversion in front of a new h152F. It sounds cool, but I still have a stereo, and laid down a lot of dynamat.

Also, you can put a h15x behind a 1FZ-FE or 2UZ-FE.

Haha!

I'm still buttoning up my 1HDT/H151 conversion (build thread below). @Delta VS had requested photos on install of the console. As I hadn't re-installed the seats yet, it seemed like a good time to get some unobstructed shots.

With the bloody chip shortage everywhere I haven't been able to order a suitable stereo yet.

The "fish finder" is a temporary install of my JRP 14in1 engine monitoring computer that's letting me keep track of boost and EGTs etc as I test drive & tune the engine.

Alright guys, I'm torn. I had the ceiling and side storage racks and the shifter console in the cart, and then I built up the center console and it came out to be near $1k (everything together over $2300 plus $150 in shipping). It's hard to fork out that much even though I badly want all of this right now, so which would you get first, the center console or shifter console?

Alright guys, I'm torn. I had the ceiling and side storage racks and the shifter console in the cart, and then I built up the center console and it came out to be near $1k (everything together over $2300 plus $150 in shipping). It's hard to fork out that much even though I badly want all of this right now, so which would you get first, the center console or shifter console?
Center or shifter? Depends. You gonna use the punchouts on the shifter console? If not, it comes down to utility vs appearance. Which is more important to you? There's your answer. :)

Last edited:
Center or shifter? Depends. You gonna use the punchouts on the shifter console? If not, it comes down to utility vs appearance.. Which is more important to you? There's your answer. :)
The center console would be more utilized, that's for sure. Cheers!

Center or shifter? Depends. You gonna use the punchouts on the shifter console? If not, it comes down to utility vs appearance. Which is more important to you? There's your answer. :)
I ended up just buying both... I'll be asking for forgiveness with the ol ball and chain

I ended up just buying both... I'll be asking for forgiveness with the ol ball and chain
Hard times call for hard decisions. :)

we cruiser heads all have a common theme, it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

we cruiser heads all have a common theme, it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
Depends on whose being asked...

Alright guys, installing the center console and since I've got the lx450 it looks like I have to take off the raised bracket with the two bolts. Is this how we're supposed to do it? With it on the console it's about 7 inches off the floor board. Naively worried that there aren't enough strong points to hold this thing down.

Edit: removed the bracket and the center console isn't fitting over the base plate of the vehicle, leaving a gap inbetween itself and the floor board.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom