Iron Man Pro Foam Review (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered another set of these for my FJ55. Once again. Total game changer.

Anyone know who the new Iron Man USA distributor is? My local distributor told me it’s no longer metal tech.

Looks like still in Newberg OR

Ordered another set of these for my FJ55. Once again. Total game changer.

Anyone know who the new Iron Man USA distributor is? My local distributor told me it’s no longer metal tech.

Metaltech still sells them, and when I bought mine 3ish months ago it sounds like they were importing directly so I assume they are still a distributor :meh: who knows.

Love my IM Foam Cell pros as much as the day I bought them!!

Update on this, it wasn't the shock bushings, it was my ball joints. Mislead because the sound began immediately after installing the shocks. Unfortunately a more expensive fix, but all good now, and still loving the shocks so far (interested to see how they do in the Phoenix summer).
Which UCA are you running? I'm running Nitro UCA with foam cell pros and get a creaking on any cycling movement of front end. I'm figuring it's just the poly bushings but let me know what you did to fix it if you don't mind.

Which UCA are you running? I'm running Nitro UCA with foam cell pros and get a creaking on any cycling movement of front end. I'm figuring it's just the poly bushings but let me know what you did to fix it if you don't mind.

Running stock UCA right now. It was the lower ball joints that were an issue and Toyota couldn't sell those separately without new LCAs so those were also replaced (OEM).

How do these compare with Icon/Radflo 2.0 or 2.5s without reservoirs? Had 2.5 Radflos upfront but don't know what to pair it with, but can't afford matching 2.5s with resis for the back. These IM Pros are at the top end of what I have left for my suspension budget.

How do these compare with Icon/Radflo 2.0 or 2.5s without reservoirs? Had 2.5 Radflos upfront but don't know what to pair it with, but can't afford matching 2.5s with resis for the back. These IM Pros are at the top end of what I have left for my suspension budget.

No idea but at $200 each they are a superb shock. They have never faded out on me as hard as I’ve pushed them

Just a heads up, for you with noises and suspected rubbing, the bottom mounts on the rear shock are offset—on purpose. When you install them, it's easiest to mount the top first. Just get the nut threaded and you can pull down to mount the bottom. You'll see if you play with it that one orientation has the shock body very near the mounting bracket and other pieces. The other orientation moves the shock body a bit farther away from the mount. Might be worth a quick look if you're down there adjusting things.

Also, I just returned mine under warranty. All four were leaking very slightly, but still seemed to be working fine. I had noticed a little different feel, but still fine. I took them into the new IronMan guys (not still MetalTech, though still in Newberg, OR for the next couple weeks until their new location is available) and walked out with four brand new shocks, new three years of warranty, and a six pack of beer. Great guys to deal with (thanks, Chris!). Seriously, the easiest warranty experience I've had in a long time.

They're moving in a couple weeks, but I'll tell them to update their vendor info here when they do.

Their phone is currently 541-231-2027. Address: 1000 Commerce Parkway, Suite A, Newberg, OR 97132.

I talked to Chris Miller, Head of Marketing. Great guy, and very knowledgeable about his products and suspension in general. The whole gang got up to introduce themselves to me when I came in. Damn nice bunch. They sound committed to having a good stock of everything on hand, unlike the problems that have plagued them in the past. So far, so good.

Where are you guys ordering the Ironman shocks from now?

metaltech usa - $200 free shipping.

I just pulled the trigger and ordered Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470 Foam Cell Pro 2" Suspension Kit - Performance Load (0-440LBS) from Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Roading Truck Equipment and Accessories .

Supposed to be arriving tomorrow and I hope to install within a few days. Today I put my LX470 on the lift and sprayed down all the nuts and bolts with PB blaster. Hope that loosens some of the old crusty botls.

My AHC was working just fine, but a line rusted out.

Here's a pic from today. I've kinda gotten used to seeing the LX in slow and low postion.

IMG-0615.JPG

Installed my pro and boy they're very stiff. Not sure if I like it that way.

They need some time to break in. They break in faster if you can give them a flex in a ditch so the full shock motion gets through.

Which shocks are you coming from?

I like the comfort ride of the OEM.

If I were going to do it again, I'll keep the OEM suspension and just do a body lift.

Hi all, are they now supplied with a rubber boot rather than the plastic dust shield?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom