Old Man Emu / ARB front upper control arms review request. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The time is coming for new UCA’s.
Searching around here I’ve read all kinds of reviews on the various options available, with the exception of the ARB/OME units.

I’ve got a 99 LC with an OME lift, not very high as I wanted to keep things riding right, and I’m happy with the clearances and height of close to stock. No diff drop installed.
That said, I’m not sure I need an adjustable UCA to account for tall lift.
I was hoping someone might be able to share some of experiences they might have with the OME/ARB UCA’s.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Why do you believe you need aftermarket UCA's?

If your alignment is fine there is no need for aftermarket UCA's, IMO.

The ARB arms are fairly new to the market, likely why you couldn't find much on them.

Why do you believe you need aftermarket UCA's?

If your alignment is fine there is no need for aftermarket UCA's, IMO.

The ARB arms are fairly new to the market, likely why you couldn't find much on them.
Thank you.
Current alignment is acceptable.
Tech said it was a close as he could get to specs with the lift kit installed, and that was about 3 years 30,000 miles ago. I’ve been rotating all 5 tires. Tracks well, and no unusual tire wear that I’ve noticed. If an aftermarket UCA can get it into a better alignment, I’m interested.
Real reason I’m looking at UCA’s is new ball joints to be honest.
191,000 on it now, and it may be time.
I thought the OME/ARB UCA’s were new on the scene as well, so I hear ya.
Thank you.

The time is coming for new UCA’s.
Searching around here I’ve read all kinds of reviews on the various options available, with the exception of the ARB/OME units.

I’ve got a 99 LC with an OME lift, not very high as I wanted to keep things riding right, and I’m happy with the clearances and height of close to stock. No diff drop installed.
That said, I’m not sure I need an adjustable UCA to account for tall lift.
I was hoping someone might be able to share some of experiences they might have with the OME/ARB UCA’s.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

You only need them if your caster can’t be adjusted high enough to be in your liking. I would say get an alignment and see what caster is but if it’s drives fine to you then there’s really no need to worry about it.
Edit: Sorry. Posted this as you were making the above post.
If you need new BJs just go back with Toyota arms. They lasted 25 years and 190k miles. No aftermarket BJ will come close to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom