Intermittent Window Switch Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

77mustard40

SILVER Star
Threads
Good evening all, 97 US FZJ80 - I very occasionally have an issue where the DS window will not come up after auto down. It’s like there is no signal to the motor. If I turn the truck off and then restart it the window works fine, this happens once every 4-6 weeks on a regularly driven truck. I’ve considered replacing the switch but thought I’d ask to see if anyone else has had this issue?

I’ve read of issues with the window switches failing and brought back to life after cleaning the contact points. Your switch may be a little dirty and needs cleaning?

Could also be the motor starting to fail. Pretty easy to replace. Be sure to gently remove the plastic cover after removing the door card and reuse it. They are available from Toyota also.

Last edited:
Some good info in here. Looks like a Camry switch might work and is a lot cheaper. Page 2

Cleaning up the contacts is free and easy. You can get some new life into your switch. But I've had this happen on more than one window over time and it's always been the motor starting to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom