Insurance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, folks. I have a 1979 (mfr date 11/79; state farm considers it a 1980). Want to make sure that I have appro insurance coverage for unlikely total loss due to fire or theft. State Farm has been hard to deal with. Says it cannot be a daily driver if I want coverage for higher value/classic. Any body wrestled with this or have a vendor that works well for you? Thanks in advance.

I have State Farm too. I'll be watching this. I've gone round and round with my agent. Personally he tells me what 40's avg sale price is and value, but State Farm or the agent won't put a value on it. I always ask, how do they determine how much to charge me if they don't know how much it's worth?

I use Grundy

I use Collectors, with agreed upon value. Use to insure through Hagerty but rates increased so went shopping.

Hello, folks. I have a 1979 (mfr date 11/79; state farm considers it a 1980). Want to make sure that I have appro insurance coverage for unlikely total loss due to fire or theft. State Farm has been hard to deal with. Says it cannot be a daily driver if I want coverage for higher value/classic. Any body wrestled with this or have a vendor that works well for you? Thanks in advance.

The manufacture date is 11/79 but the registration should show it as a 1980, year sold.

If you are trying to ensure it as a classic most insurance company's have driving/mileage limitations.

I've had State Farm full coverage on mine since 1976 when it was a daily driver. I guess it depends on if you want to keep it as a daily driver or a classic/collectable.

Says it cannot be a daily driver if I want coverage for higher value/classic.

Are you actually daily driving it? If so, you should just pay for the agreed upon value coverage instead of a collector/classic plan. How much more per month did they quote you without the restrictions?

Erie Insurance, agreed value coverage.

I was looking into classic car insurance an I can't remember who it was but not Haggarty. Once I told them that I go do trail runs I got pretty much dead air and they replied anything more then dirt road would nullify my insurance.

Double covered, AAA as a 'driver' (lower replacement value if totaled, but good for simple accidents and coverage should I get into one) and Hagerty with a flat replacement value that I pegged at $25k. (could be more or less but fair)

Lake

The manufacture date is 11/79 but the registration should show it as a 1980, year sold.

If you are trying to ensure it as a classic most insurance company's have driving/mileage limitations.

I've had State Farm full coverage on mine since 1976 when it was a daily driver. I guess it depends on if you want to keep it as a daily driver or a classic/collectable.

Curious what value does State Farm assign to your ‘76?

Here’s NADA valuation w/ standard options selected for your year and model.

IMG_1977.png

This thread is perfect timing as I called State Farm last week to ask about insurance on my 40.

Mine is not super high value and I wonder what I should do. Get average insurance, Document everything and Keep a folder for value if something happens to fight with insurance or get agreed value. When I asked about agreed value I was not told about a mileage limit. Mine will be driven as much as possible once it’s on the road.

I have American Modern. They do limit milage, to 3000 per year.

Last edited:
Curious what value does State Farm assign to your ‘76?

Here’s NADA valuation w/ standard options selected for your year and model.

View attachment 3590602

Actually, mine is a '73 that I bought in '76 and insured through state farm. I've never bothered to ask what they value it at. I look at insurance as protection for me so I don't have to pull money out of my pocket in the event of an accident or theft. I've had 2 vehicles stolen and was satisfied with the settlement. The reason I did well on the settlement is I had good documentation for the vehicles and wouldn't accept their first offer.

They have taken care of the other party when I was at fault in an accident and they dealt with the other insurance company when I wasn't at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom