Installing used driveshafts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See the attached thread with @cruiserdan as well as Onur information confirming what things started and how they changed.

I do not take responsibility, but I know who knows their stuff on these trucks.

I am guilty of skimming your post and assuming that the TSB you were referring to said that they changed the front drive shaft to being in phase, and I couldn't figure out why they would do that. I didn't know the fj-80 was originally in-phase and was changed. Honestly, not having one, I've never paid much attention to info about 91-92 trucks.

@-Spike- The graphic you are referring to never said anything about running a driveshaft out of phase was wrong no matter what. All it shows it what is in phase and what is out of phase.
That was the question asked and the graphic answered it correctly.
I’m so glad we can be graced with your unrivaled knowledge on the matter. :rolleyes:

@-Spike- The graphic you are referring to never said anything about running a driveshaft out of phase was wrong no matter what. All it shows it what is in phase and what is out of phase.
That was the question asked and the graphic answered it correctly.
I’m so glad we can be graced with your unrivaled knowledge on the matter. :rolleyes:

'Correct phasing'

'Incorrect phasing'

That's not very vague. It does not, in any way, say 'This is what in-phase looks like, and this is what out of phase looks like'. It says 'This is what right looks like, and this is what wrong looks like'.

Pardon me for trying to help people understand that their driveshaft isn't necessarily assembled, to use a term, 'incorrectly'. I'd roll my eyes too, but nah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom