Inner window felt length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of making reproduction inner window felts. Can someone help me to measure the length of the inner window felt for the following year ranges? Please measure in mm.
  1. '73 and earlier
  2. '74 and later
I have a couple of NOS samples, which I believe are the earlier type (68170-90351).
IMG_3507.jpg

On a broader note, I'm reproducing basically every piece of FJ55 weatherstrip, some of which are already available on cityracerllc.com. Other pieces like this one are still in development.

Fantastic. Any chance you are going to reproduce the windshield and cargo window gaskets with trim option?

I can measure my '77 for you assuming it can be measured without pulling it out of the door.

i measured 500mm front window.
rear window 470mm. there seems to be about 2mm of felt sticking beyond the metal.

Last edited:

i measured 500mm front window.
rear window 470mm. there seems to be about 2mm of felt sticking beyond the metal.
Wow, thank you. Didn't realize the front and rear are different. My sample piece is exactly 500mm (or 50 cm), so that's a match!

Any way to tell if the pins are the same distances apart between front and rear? If so, I can just shorten the ends to make it work for the rear.

Fantastic. Any chance you are going to reproduce the windshield and cargo window gaskets with trim option?

I can measure my '77 for you assuming it can be measured without pulling it out of the door.
I already sell the trim-less versions, so with trim won't be on the near term horizon.

@Racer65
30,140,160,140,30 front
10,140,160,140,20 rear

these are pulling from front of vehicle to back on passenger side. so you cut 20 of and 10 off and center pins are the same from what im measuring. these are pulled off my 71 as its missing the felt so easy to see. the 70 is what i used for the full length measurements

@Racer65
30,140,160,140,30 front
10,140,160,140,20 rear

these are pulling from front of vehicle to back on passenger side. so you cut 20 of and 10 off and center pins are the same from what im measuring. these are pulled off my 71 as its missing the felt so easy to see. the 70 is what i used for the full length measurements
Thank you so much. The front measurements match my sample perfectly, so I know what to do with the rear now.
It's really a great day!

Last edited:
Rear door inner felts are the same for all years, so all good there.
Still need measurements for '74 and later front. I believe the pin distances are the same, so the specific measurements needed (in mm) are:
  1. Overall length of the front inner felt
  2. Distance from the right edge to the nearest pin
  3. Distance from the left edge to the nearest pin

Apologies that it took so long. I pulled the driver's side front (not sure how easy it will be to get back in!) from my '77 (Oct 1976) pig. I have every reason to believe that these are the original inside felts. Overall length is 680mm. There are 5 pins. Starting from the rearmost pin, they are spaced at 30, 170, 330, 470, and 630mm. The pins are mounted in a 10mm slot so they are somewhat forgivable if there's any variation in the door. I will post some photos in a couple of hours when I get to a better internet signal. Internet is crap at home at the moment.

Interesting thought. It looks like the felt is replaceable on these. That thought will be clearer when I post photos.

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

Last edited:
FWIW, when I search for the driver's side inner weatherstrip, it shows the same part number for all years. Sometimes I find that isn't true when you dive into the individual year diagrams and sometimes Toyota changes the part design but keeps the same number. However, if it is true, then the measurements I gave you should be good for all years without the vent window.

Also, FWIW, the front inner weatherstrips are right and left handed and have different part numbers for each side. The rear doors have the same part number (at least on my '77).

1712512870075.png

FWIW, when I search for the driver's side inner weatherstrip, it shows the same part number for all years. Sometimes I find that isn't true when you dive into the individual year diagrams and sometimes Toyota changes the part design but keeps the same number. However, if it is true, then the measurements I gave you should be good for all years without the vent window.

Also, FWIW, the front inner weatherstrips are right and left handed and have different part numbers for each side. The rear doors have the same part number (at least on my '77).

View attachment 3601209
What do you see as the difference between LH and RH?

What do you see as the difference between LH and RH?
If you lay out the measurements that I gave you, they aren't symmetrical front to rear so the passenger side would be a mirror image. Hopefully that makes sense.

Edit: That would mean that there must be a top and a bottom. Otherwise you could just flip them over. I'll take a closer look and see why that might be the case.

Here are the part numbers I found for the front:

3/'69 to 8/'73 (with vent window):
68170-90351
Apparently a single part number for both sides

9/'73 to 7/'80 (without vent window)
LH 68170-90352
RH 68130-90352

It seems odd that the earlier inner felt isn't sided, and the rears aren't sided, yet the non-vent window one is sided

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom