Builds indycole's 2016 200 Series Build and Retrospective (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Enjoyed the read. And the media. Pretty unique following view. What are you guys using to record and with what kind of mounts?

might as well go ahead and relent. once you've done the BMC no reason to prevaricate.

If I move up, I'd like to skip 35s completely and go to 37s... need to research the body lift options a bit more...

Enjoyed the read. And the media. Pretty unique following view. What are you guys using to record and with what kind of mounts?

Thanks! It's a GoPro Hero9 on a Jaws flexclamp. It either lived on the front bumper or on the roof rack. I realized after the fact that I ended up not shooting any drone (DJI Mavic Air 2) video but did grab a few photos. I'm doing less photography these days which is a little ironic since that's how I got back into offroading 10+ years ago.

If I move up, I'd like to skip 35s completely and go to 37s... need to research the body lift options a bit more...

Thanks! It's a GoPro Hero9 on a Jaws flexclamp. It either lived on the front bumper or on the roof rack. I realized after the fact that I ended up not shooting any drone (DJI Mavic Air 2) video but did grab a few photos. I'm doing less photography these days which is a little ironic since that's how I got back into offroading 10+ years ago.

What do you think of the Hero9? I am pondering one.....

What do you think of the Hero9? I am pondering one.....

We're pretty happy with it so far but we don't have a ton of GoPro / action camera experience. There are some features that do a great job of reducing shakiness. The UI takes a bit of getting used to and the battery life isn't amazing.

We bought it for a snorkeling/diving trip last fall and were highly impressed with its performance underwater. That's the main reason we got this model as it does not require a protective case.

If you decide to go 37s, I suggest fanning your own KDSS relocation brackets. The Slee and TT ones move the bar forward an inch, but it could go further and if you mount the end links outside the LCA cradle they’re actually 1.5” forward

If you decide to go 37s, I suggest fanning your own KDSS relocation brackets. The Slee and TT ones move the bar forward an inch, but it could go further and if you mount the end links outside the LCA cradle they’re actually 1.5” forward

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm actually thinking the rears may be a problem. This seems like a pipe dream at the moment but it'll give me something to play around with as there's not much else to do to the truck, lol.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm actually thinking the rears may be a problem. This seems like a pipe dream at the moment but it'll give me something to play around with as there's not much else to do to the truck, lol.
That should’ve said fabbing. Stupid autocorrect.

Fwiw there are longer rears end links available at least. I think on 37s you’d rub the wheel well a lot though with seriously limiting up travel.

A body lift and cutting the fenders open some more should definitely help

Edit: this 200 is running 37s and no body lift. They did cut open the fenders though..

20191011_113204.jpg

20191011_113153.jpg

A body lift and cutting the fenders open some more should definitely help

Edit: this 200 is running 37s and no body lift. They did cut open the fenders though..

View attachment 2667277

View attachment 2667278

I would much rather limit up-travel (within reason) than chopping fenders.
Then again doing extensive metal mods to run 37" A/Ts on what looks like a 19" rim is a bit wonky.
I'm on board with 37x12.50R17 Toyo M/T under a 200, even if it requires a Metabo and some hammering. Not an A/T.

I would much rather limit up-travel (within reason) than chopping fenders.
Then again doing extensive metal mods to run 37" A/Ts on what looks like a 19" rim is a bit wonky.
I'm on board with 37x12.50R17 Toyo M/T under a 200, even if it requires a Metabo and some hammering. Not an A/T.
Agreed! If you're going to go thru the hassle of 37s why are they ATs and why is it on a 20" wheel? And some no name tire as well..
I'd love to one day throw 37s on the RWs..

Looks like an aggressive overland style build so personally I don't see drawbacks to his choice of wheel or tire. The offset looks pretty spot on as well.

Once the Heritage edition wheels arrive I'll have enough wheels to potentially run two sets of tires. Perhaps put the 34s on the new bronze wheels and find some 37 x 10.5 or 37 x 12.5 mud terrains on the second set of wheels for more technical trips? There's only one 37x10.5r18 that I could find (which ironically is the Ridge Grappler) but there are a ton of great options in 37x12.50r18...

Cole, why 37's? Are 34's holding you back, keeping you from doing obstacles that you really want to do?
In my opinion, there's too many sacrifices and not enough benefits to fitting 37's on a 200.

Cole, why 37's? Are 34's holding you back, keeping you from doing obstacles that you really want to do?
In my opinion, there's too many sacrifices and not enough benefits to fitting 37's on a 200.

Not really - there's nothing practical driving this which sort of new territory for me. Just something I'm contemplating as I'm running low on projects :)

Not really - there's nothing practical driving this which sort of new territory for me. Just something I'm contemplating as I'm running low on projects :)
So... Boredom + $$$ = 37's, got it!

I can guarantee you I would not want to be putting the tire back up on the swing-out by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom