In need of '00 LX Hundy- Brake Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
My brake lines rusted and leaked while I am out on vacation with family here in Outerbanks. Had it towed to meineke and was told that there were multiple leaks and they recommend to replace complete brake lines.
I tried searching but need help finding the complete kit and options to get it rushed by tomorrow.
Can anyone help me with part numbers for complete brake line kits? I tried searching online and found slee kits, will try calling them to see if they can rush it but being too far away I doubt it can.

Try RockAuto. You should be able to find them on their site or try PartSouq to find the part numbers you need to search with.

If you need the hardlines, there are no kits. You’ll have to buy each individually. Here’s the full diagram with parts list: BRAKE TUBE & CLAMP | Toyota LAND CRUISER 100 UZJ100L-GNPEKA UZJ100 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq - https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Toyota&ssd=%24%2AKwHE8OGLqb6RocCfxKrMzpyIqK-xwM_Cw9HP_Y3VhNPM1arQg4Pe1M3CjIiCmZbv2p-VnpTTzMXc0MnI2dTN0sXBx8jQg4PUmNXK08LAwcqflPnUio6Hn5OwiY3C3tTN0NPBzsHGmpGf2tfSmILVytKN8fyktr3T2tfSn8yDh9bVpau8xsDC44z6uKe1urfV3NKN197UzdCfg5uc3o-D25-T0svWxo0AAAAAsUPQDQ%24&vid=0&cid=2&uid=349360&q=

Will be impossible to get those by tomorrow. If you need lines tomorrow then somebody will have to make some from scratch. A 25’ roll of NiCopp lines plus M10x1.0 fittings from Napa would be the best choice, because they won’t rust again like your factory steel lines.

I'll assume that they want to replace ALL of the brake lines...because they're Meineke. I would not expect their suggestion to be anything other than profit-motivated.

I'm also thinking that the Slee kit is just the soft lines that people replace when they lift a vehicle. I think you've either said or implied elsewhere that it was a hardline that burst (along the frame under the rear door?).

A good shop can likely install a hard line and fittings as a patch, depending on the location. At minimum, that should get you back home to a trusted shop or, even better, @OTRAMM .

I would question Meineke to show you where all of the "multiple leaks" are located. The inference is that multiple lines are leaking. The reality might be that there are 2 or more pinholes located right next to each other on a single hard line, which technically makes their statement correct if not misleading.

Not sure if you're looking for hard lines or soft lines, but I have a full set of the soft ones off my '00 LC w/VSC. Nothing wrong with them, just replaced them with Slee SS lines

For Sale - 100 Series OEM Brake Lines w/VSC

I'll assume that they want to replace ALL of the brake lines...because they're Meineke. I would not expect their suggestion to be anything other than profit-motivated.

I'm also thinking that the Slee kit is just the soft lines that people replace when they lift a vehicle. I think you've either said or implied elsewhere that it was a hardline that burst (along the frame under the rear door?).

A good shop can likely install a hard line and fittings as a patch, depending on the location. At minimum, that should get you back home to a trusted shop or, even better, @OTRAMM .

I would question Meineke to show you where all of the "multiple leaks" are located. The inference is that multiple lines are leaking. The reality might be that there are 2 or more pinholes located right next to each other on a single hard line, which technically makes their statement correct if not misleading.
that's what I was thinking too... I am trying to find a way to head back to NoVA and take buddy's pickup and come back down and tow my hundy back home and talk to Ryan and have him check/fix at his leisure. One friend is coming to Richmond and said he could pick me up from there back to home, trying to find a way to go to richmond..

Edit: yes, the hard lines were the culprit here, talked to cruiseroutfitters and he advised the same, that slee is of soft lines...

Most Toyota dealerships will be able to get them in a day or two, just look up part number on partsouq or wherever. If you're in a rush and like to live dangerously for now, I'd remove the leaky hardline at the master cylinder and put a plug in it, and just do without having a brake at one corner until you can get to some place better.

Also, I'm sure there's many things to fault Meineke for, but recommending replacement of all brake hardlines to make it right isn't one of them. Rust isn't usually localized to only one spot. If one line was close enough to bust, then they all are likely to go anytime.
Replacing all my hardlines is what I did after one popped, and I did it myself and it was not how I wanted to spend my day at all. But it's what you need to do to make sure it doesn't happen again.
If you're just in a pinch and need to go home, then sure, replace only one. But be wary of the others until they get replaced.

Also, I'm sure there's many things to fault Meineke for, but recommending replacement of all brake hardlines to make it right isn't one of them. Rust isn't usually localized to only one spot. If one line was close enough to bust, then they all are likely to go anytime.
Replacing all my hardlines is what I did after one popped, and I did it myself and it was not how I wanted to spend my day at all. But it's what you need to do to make sure it doesn't happen again.
If you're just in a pinch and need to go home, then sure, replace only one. But be wary of the others until they get replaced.
Spittin facts

Update:
Reached back home with a rental. Thanks for chiming in. I will get the hundy back home and get it fixed.

Fair enough. And true.

I think when I saw Meineke my mind went straight to the $850 alien probing they wanted to give me for an exhaust replacement on an 80 that ended up being $130 at a local shop for the same quoted work as meineke. I got a less expensive muffler but the custom tubing bends were the same. Just had to duplicate what was already there.

Would mind checking your PM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom