Lx470 Brake Line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thank you for adding me to the forum!

I recently inherited a 2000 LX470 that needs new brake lines.

Specifically, the coiled hard line serving the front passenger wheel has rusted through. It is part #47311.

The local dealers and an online Lexus supply house tell me the part is discontinued.

I suspect that I will end up replacing all of the brake lines on this truck, and I would appreciate any advice on an aftermarket source.

Thank you,

I've had great success ordering parts from amayama.com for my Toyota Celsior and from Partsouq.com for both my Celsior and my LX & LC. Give those a shot. Even with shipping, they're often cheaper than anywhere else. Partsouq ships crazy fast, even though it comes from the middle east.

I've had great success ordering parts from amayama.com for my Toyota Celsior and from Partsouq.com for both my Celsior and my LX & LC. Give those a shot. Even with shipping, they're often cheaper than anywhere else. Partsouq ships crazy fast, even though it comes from the middle east.
Thank you for this lead.

I would never have found amayama on my own.

I just ordered it.

Delivery may be a month or so, but this project is a marathon and not a sprint.

Thanks again!

Thank you for this lead.

I would never have found amayama on my own.

I just ordered it.

Delivery may be a month or so, but this project is a marathon and not a sprint.

Thanks again!

A lot of things on you love become marathon's and not a sprint.. cause the list of part broken and upgrades keep on going up. But the only reason keep on fixing it is b/c you love the daam thing..lol

Thank you, that is the part number that I just ordered.
I received an email from amayama today echoing what the dealers have told me.....the part has been discontinued and is not available.

To their credit, Amayama has already refunded the money.

Since the rested spot is at the top of the helical, I wonder if I would cut out the small section, straighten the top spiral, and then flare both ends and reconnect them.

I know that I would love a bit of the flexibility but I cannot think of a better option.

hmm you might have to make your own break lines. Its not hard just a learning process.. They sell break line tool kits that can make it happen.

Here's a start..https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diy+brake+line+bending+

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom