In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not from around there, and I'm ignorant on how to do something like this.

Can some of the other 'Mudders help with information?

I'll run it up the flagpole with TRAL

As a lurker, his post were the ones I looked forward to reading. I will continue to learn from him as I search through the archives.

Condolences to his Family, MUD family, and many friends.

R.I.P. Sir :(

Holy wow. So sad :( Not sure why I wandered into 80tech today, but very sad to find this. RIP Kevin

The beginning RIP

I remember when Kevin showed at the club meeting with that new-to-him Lexus. He was rightfully very proud of that find. That Lexus went from never having been on a trail to running all over the state with Kevin behind the wheel.

I wouldn't have guessed that was more than 15 years ago. Time is a funny thing. Some things seem like yesterday, and some things seem like forever ago.

Jared

While I've been following along with this thread I haven't posted anything.

Why? Because I've never met or directly spoken to Kevin so I didn't feel qualified. While I'd come to realize he knew his stuff I was severely lacking in knowledge of just how much he was loved and respected.

Aside from his posts I think Kevin left an even bigger legacy. What that was? A much needed reminder of how to be human and treat everyone with respect.

At 34 I don't think I'm fully qualified to be an old man shaking my fist at the cloud but I sure feel like I am.

So Kevin, thank you for all of your knowledge that shall live on but most importantly thank you for being an inspiration for generations on how to live a wholesome life. Something that gets lost all too often these days!

Holy wow. So sad :( Not sure why I wandered into 80tech today, but very sad to find this. RIP Kevin

I just wandered in and replied to a thread with Kevin before I saw this. Wow. All thoughts to his family and friends and everybody here who knew and valued him over a long period of time.

When I would ask for RTH help, and got a response from @Tools R Us I knew I was getting great advice.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

My condolences to his family.

Rest in power Kevin

Hello everyone,

What follows is a couple more details about 11/30/19.

First, my apologies for so many messages. As we continue to work on details for this, it becomes clear that there is always more information to give.

Several have asked me about any kind of go fund me or other ways to donate in Kevin’s name. This is in the works and I will be sure to give details for this when I have them.

As part of our common goal to leave the outdoors cleaner than we found it, a few of us will be getting to Cottonwood Camp at 8am the morning of, to pick up trash. If anyone would like to show up for this, please feel free to join us.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of Kevin they would like to contribute, we will set them up either in some sort of collage or a photo album for anyone else to look through at the event. Those pictures can be sent to info@tralaz.org

Thank you,

Richard

Not seating properly in what way?
As part of our common goal to leave the outdoors cleaner than we found it, a few of us will be getting to Cottonwood Camp at 8am the morning of, to pick up trash. If anyone would like to show up for this, please feel free to join us.

I will be there early to help.
--Trent

So sad!

I have never earned honor to meet Kevin in person. However, just like many from this board, I had been greatly benefited from his kindness and knowledge. Still remember he had helped me with the information and guidance to rebuild my impact gun many, many years ago... He will be surely missed.

R.I.P. Kevin!

Just saw this & my jaw dropped... wow.
Kevin would answer some of the weirdest, ignored questions on the thread with such thorough patients.
Trust me I asked a few stupid questions myself when I was a noob.
Kevin was a true pioneer of the 80 series.

I want to add my thanks for his excellent insight and advice and offer my condolences to his family. I am very sorry; I will miss him - and I will remember him.

Just saw this & my jaw dropped... wow.
Kevin would answer some of the weirdest, ignorant questions on the thread with such thorough patience.
Don't feel too good... :hillbilly:. Patience towards the board 'may' have been balanced by a couple of (extended...) rants on that very topic, directed towards others who just happened to be around in person... but those rants were tech-based, and not person-based, and some of us learned a lot from those rants. A lot of it was based on "... why would you want to do that..."...:) Good times at the shop :hillbilly:. I'll miss them, greatly :crybaby:.

Last edited:
Still walking around in disbelief my friend is gone. Drove by the Spa, sat in the parking lot for a bit remembering the good times and and how many cruisers would just show up. The Spa seem to bring us all together.

Kevin clearly was the hub of an extended network - and he enjoyed that role

by meeting him, and others with their trucks at the shop, and yet others just stopping by to chat or go for lunch, that network would constantly reinforce and reshape itself - people from all walks of life took part, and traded stories, about their trucks, themselves and life in general - and at the same time were exposed to and watching whatever project was going on, whether repairing pneumatic tools, working on trucks or for TRAL (he fabricated signs with maps of the trail system for the Tonto National Forest Recreation Alliance = TRAL in short)

over the years, I recommended Kevin to quite a few new cruiser owners who popped up here on MUD and happened to be local in Arizona, and once in a while when I called from Louisiana, Kevin would respond to my "so what's up ?" - "apparently, you sent this guy . . . " or "your friend just came by . . . ", followed by explanations of their technical troubles or noteworthy details on their trucks :lol: - most of you I met in person as well later - what a fun way to make new friends and learn about trucks at the same time

today was the first day out wheeling on one of our favorite trails since he died - memory of Kevin will always be part of it :steer:

Wow..... I don't really venture off into the 80s forum as much as I used to and now just seen this....I am shocked.... Kevin was an o.g. member here and was one of the most knowledgeable members when it came to cruisers.. When he posted, everyone listened. He knew his stuff....Horrible news... RIP Tools r Us....My Condolences to his family.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom