impossible search for 1 foot of hose, im at a loss, please advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I was looking for replacement transmission cooler hoses I searched through images of aftermarket formed hoses, then ordered a few different hoses until I found shapes that would fit. Gates makes quality hoses IME. Continental also. I avoid anything made in chy nuh.

Another option would be to search through other Toyota models/years to find a hose that might fit, or which could be cut to fit.

The hose that he circles in the diagram is a 3/8 hose !!
Google is your friend that hose is available in hundreds of places.
If you have to come here to look for a piece a generic hose, somethings wrong JMHO 😉

I read 5/8 and was thinking what kind of cooler is this guy running!? Definitely 3/8 or 9.5mm.

The hose in the diagram is simplified, in reality it make a few more turns and is longer then it looks
It’s not a molded hose, that’s why it doesn’t have a part # 😉

It doesn’t have a part number because it’s a part of a larger assembly that does have a part number. Nothing more, nothing less.

It doesn’t have a part number because it’s a part of a larger assembly that does have a part number. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ok my bad 😉

If all else fails find a parker store......... they are all over the place and will serve all your hydro line/hose needs for any application

Rick, this seem like a good option but it does not list Hydraulic fluid in the specifications.
Have you tried this hose ?
Not that hose. But some German hose from another source. Can’t say it’s the same but I’d use it.

I tried years ago to source the hose Toyota uses based on the print on the hose but couldn’t find it.

confirming that the hose in question is 10mm. or the closest you're going to find at a local store is 3/8" (or 9.5mm).

i too pulled my hair out looking for bulk hose to re-plumb the power steering and transmission lines up front. 3/8" covers all of it, except the PS line from the reservoir to the pump...that one is larger and i used 5/8". 3/8" ID is going to be VERY tight, and the OE clamps will be too loose to clamp the OD. I used a box of worm drive clamps. Syl-glide and a heat gun helped get the job done with some minor cursing.

ended up finding the last 9' of 3/8" transmission rated hose at a local CarQuest. Every Napa was out of stock and no ETA. This was 2 years ago and apparently during a shortage? O'Reilly's had it, but the closest one is 30+ miles away.

Belmetric and McMaster are two of my go to resources!!
McMaster is a little pricey but they’re a great resource with excellent customer service/support and super fast shipping.
I can literally order at 8 PM and get delivery the next day.
They have thousands of items all in stock and you can count on them for quality.
We used them when I worked in the movie industry way before the Internet, I always had their 2” thick catalog on hand.

And no I have no affiliation😉

Last edited:
Belmetric and McMaster are two of my go to resources!!
McMaster is a little pricey but they’re a great resource with excellent customer service/support and super fast shipping.
I can literally order at 8 PM and get delivery the next day.
They have thousands of items all in stock and you can count on them for quality.
We used them when I worked in the movie industry way before the Internet, I always had their 2” thick catalog on hand.

And no I have no affiliation😉
Pretty sure it's 3 or 4 inches these days. It's a hell of a resource, but I'm cheap. I sometimes use their website to compare options, then go elsewhere and buy it for less money.

Part numbers for Napa 3/8" and 5/8" power steering hoses, which they had to order for me. You get about 3ft. of the 3/8, and about 2ft. of the 5/8.

20221129_201424.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom